Mpg of fr 184

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I average about 52mpg on my daily commute which is about 8 miles each way down an A road and some single carriageways. But up the motorway I can average up to 70mpg. This was the other day
f15fcb7cb6e3d0b89f616c763da872e5.jpg

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
never managed 68 on a motorway, but 52 across country with a gentle right foot is normal.
I tried to stay below 70 on a long run last week and got 62mpg, which I was pleased with.
I'm very pleased with mine all-round. No Cupra, but cheaper to run and capable of hooning if required:)
and there's always a remap/tuning box!

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
never managed 68 on a motorway, but 52 across country with a gentle right foot is normal.
I tried to stay below 70 on a long run last week and got 62mpg, which I was pleased with.
I'm very pleased with mine all-round. No Cupra, but cheaper to run and capable of hooning if required:)
and there's always a remap/tuning box!

I've managed 82mpg on the motorway once haha. Only happened once

Obee72

Jan 7, 2015
350 - 500 miles per tank depending on where I'm going. I do have a heavy right foot though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
bet my wife was in the passenger seat.....that's when I tend to get the best mileage.
Oh b**ger. Got caught in a mileage thread.
Gonna cop it from kazand now.
Once his man turnips recover....

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
Even a very short run i'll probably get 45+ mpg. Average is about 55 mpg and 500 from a tank. At the current 97.7p a litre i'm happy.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
bet my wife was in the passenger seat.....that's when I tend to get the best mileage.
Oh b**ger. Got caught in a mileage thread.
Gonna cop it from kazand now.
Once his man turnips recover....

See? They lure you in.... and before you know it ..... you'll be wearing sandals with socks next. :D
I'm still trying to recover from the shock of having to put peasant fuel in today as local Tesco had no 99 stuff , the car was on zero miles ( wife used it last, strangely) and the butler had the day off. A deeply unpleasant experience all round. :cry:

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
See? They lure you in.... and before you know it ..... you'll be wearing sandals with socks next. :D
I'm still trying to recover from the shock of having to put peasant fuel in today as local Tesco had no 99 stuff , the car was on zero miles ( wife used it last, strangely) and the butler had the day off. A deeply unpleasant experience all round. :cry:

answer is, don't give the butler time off.
for deeply unpleasant try an ASDA automat. The one in Luton is singularly awful.
but it IS in Luton....

toledoChris

Jul 20, 2004
I average about 52mpg on my daily commute which is about 8 miles each way down an A road and some single carriageways. But up the motorway I can average up to 70mpg. This was the other day
f15fcb7cb6e3d0b89f616c763da872e5.jpg

If that is with the DTUK box attached then I wouldn't trust that figure, my car over read something chronic with one attached.

I do circa 20k p/a in mine much of it up and down the M40 at 70mph, my average on these motorway trips vary so between 55 & 60 mpg depending on the ambient temperature and speed. I can get up to 50 mpg over the same journeys in our 330d touring so the Leon is good on fuel but not exceptional in comparison to the BMW.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
If that is with the DTUK box attached then I wouldn't trust that figure, my car over read something chronic with one attached.

I do circa 20k p/a in mine much of it up and down the M40 at 70mph, my average on these motorway trips vary so between 55 & 60 mpg depending on the ambient temperature and speed. I can get up to 50 mpg over the same journeys in our 330d touring so the Leon is good on fuel but not exceptional in comparison to the BMW.

How many miles do you get to a tank?

veno

Seat Leon XP - only 1000 miles on the ODO
I get arround 35-40 mpg on short distances like 7 miles to my work, kind of extra-urban, a bit disappointed.
I hope this improve much with the weather becoming warmer and the more mileage I do.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
Seat Leon XP - only 1000 miles on the ODO
I get arround 35-40 mpg on short distances like 7 miles to my work, kind of extra-urban, a bit disappointed.
I hope this improve much with the weather becoming warmer and the more mileage I do.

how do you find the XP generally?
reason is sometimes I have to struggle climbing up out of my FR, and was thinking of changing to something higher, like an XP or Tiguan. Keen to see the new Ateca, but a wanted an estate more than a hatch...

veno

how do you find the XP generally?
reason is sometimes I have to struggle climbing up out of my FR, and was thinking of changing to something higher, like an XP or Tiguan. Keen to see the new Ateca, but a wanted an estate more than a hatch...

I am quite happy with it, beside the low MPG I get. Other small things I consider, the ride even on Comfort (DCC) is not so soft I would prefer on 18" wheels, having in mind the roads here are awful. Probably for the next winter I will buy the 17" wheels though priced offered from the local dealer was £1000, kind of pricey for our market. The XP wheels and tyres are different in sizing than the ordinary Leon one.

Some minor squeaks from the rear right door card, which I plan to fix with some soundproofing.

Otherwise the benefit of more ground clearance for now is bigger than the 4Drive system.

I am coming from Petrol engine and I am still getting used to the TDI, in Normal and Comfort mode the gas pedal is not so responsive in the low revs, I have to push more and than it is like somebody kicked me in the back, due to going over 1750rpm or just the DSG went to lower gear. I was used to more gradually distribution of the power. I am still wondering if I made the right choice over buying 2.0 184 instead of the 1.8 TSI (which was almost £2000 cheaper) since I do like 10k miles per year and I think the petrol one is more fun to drive.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.