New Leon FR - Supagard

WelshConan

Jan 18, 2012
South Wales Valleys
Hi all,

I placed an order for a new Leon FR 1.4 (150) on Sunday in solid white with the black FR pack. I decided against purchasing the Supagard offered by the dealer as it seemed extremely expensive.

I'd like to protect the paint and seat fabric myself.

I'm assuming a good sealant and wax for the paint? Any recommended products?
How do I protect the seat fabric?
How do I care for the black wrapped roof?

Can wait to pick it up now but will be sorry to see the Bocanegra go.

Thanks in advance
Lee

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
Gtechnic have a great fabric protector... I use it (on more than just the car, trainers its good for too lol).

I would check out their products, they are pretty kick arse.

Otherwise a decent sealant like http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/carlack-68-long-life-sealant/prod_355.html and a wax like http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/collinite-915-marque-d-39-elegance/prod_281.html should start you off.

Edit: this is the stuff for the fabric: http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/gtechniq-i1-smart-fabric/prod_1094.html

Last edited:

Liquid Tension

Feb 2, 2016
I've not had any experience with any decent waxes as my FR 1.4 150 is planned build date of last week in February, however, loads of reading up lead me to buy this in preparation:

Poorboys Blackhole (Glaze)
Poorboys EX-P (Sealant)
Poorboys Natty's Blue Paste Wax

Seems to be great stuff for the price. The above glaze and wax are specifically for dark cars but there is a light car variant for each.

milnei

Jun 26, 2015
Brackley, Northamptonshire
Just a :thumbup: for the Supagard. Bought mine second hand and the original buyer had paid for the Supagard, and my car always looks waxed, yet I never wax it. All it needs is a wash and dry and water still beads off the roof and bonnet.

yozza1987

Leon Mk3 Fr
Sep 3, 2013
Worcester
had supaguard done on mine for cost as a deal sweetener when I picked up my Leon back in October. Is worth it in my opinion as I don't need to waste time waxing it every few months

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
The Gtechniq fabric protector recommended by Ocularis works a treat. It does smell a bit whilst drying, so best applied on a warm dry day when you can leave the windows open!

Some people seem to like spending their weekend polishing cars :headhurt:, I want something that's easy and effective.

Armorall Shield Wax polish and Wash for me, the polish is incredibly easy to apply, you can do the car in 10-15 minutes. "Wax on-wax off", no buffing or white residue and the effect is long lasting. Did mine before Christmas and water's still beading off of it. :dance:
You can buy a pack with both in, the included microfibre cloth is small so get a couple of decent larger ones and you're sorted for at least a year's worth of car cleaning. HTH

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Please blank out your licence plate. It's a forum rule. There are tossers out there who prey on forums to clone plates.

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
We have an 11 plate Corsa that was superguarded from new. This year I have polished it back and reapplied. My thoughts are that it is Ok but I have continued to use Showroom shine after each monthly wash. My own Leon has only ever been snow foamed and showroom shined with only an allow wheel sealer as extra application. The Corsa needed to be polished as it was showing swirl marks!!

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
When I got my Leon almost a year ago it had Autoglym Lifeshine. (no cost to me, the dealer included it for free).
What's the difference between that and Supagard?
I can't say how good it is as I don't know what it would be like without it! I always use Autoglym Aquawax which is really quick and easy, but again, I've never used anything else, so the other stuff recommended here my be loads better.
So should I continue with Autoglym soap and wax or is it worth changing to something else?
Car cleaning was never my strong point
I'd appreciate advice from those in the know...

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
I think that all these things purport to do the same thing, Supagard, Lifeshine, Diamond glaze and all the others. Having had it on our new Corsa for free I would say that it has made no difference and the main effect is that because you are not waxing the car regularly, swirl marks build up from washing and leathering and there will come a point when you need to get out the autoglym super resin polish or in my case I needed to do the bonnet with Megs compound. I then reapplied the supagard as I had bought some cheap from fleabay.

Don't ask what polishes to use on here, it is a bit like asking which is the best footie team or which is best religion. You will get a thousand answers, all sworn on mother's graves that AG or Megs or DodoJuice or even bl**dy jojoba and coconut oil are the best. Stick to one of the main brands (ohf wait, what about the guys that only use pro-spec gear bought from a man in white van) and you will be OK.

I think that we will all agree on snow foam plus two bucket method for washing and towel drying, after that it is all a debate.

page3

Dec 25, 2015
I think that we will all agree on snow foam plus two bucket method for washing and towel drying, after that it is all a debate.

Nope, we can't even agree on that :p

Snow foam is a lot of fun, but my experience is that you cover everything within a 5 metre radius, wait while pretending it's Christmas and trying to remember where the front door was, rinse off..... and see all the dirt exactly where it was before.

Last edited:

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
Nope, we can't even agree on that :p

Snow foam is a lot of fun, but my experience is that you cover everything within a 5 metre radius, wait while pretending it's Christmas and trying to remember where the front door was, rinse off..... and see all the dirt exactly where it was before.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::D

WelshConan

Jan 18, 2012
South Wales Valleys
Decided against the Supaguard route........

Had quite a few hours dry weather on Sunday and made full use of it.....

Snow Foamed with Angelwax Fast Foam, first time using snow foam amazing fun!!! Was impressed with the foaming from Fast Foam, cleaning ability was not what I hoped.........

Rinsed and washed using G3 Body Prep shampoo, this seemed to remove what ever wax the dealer put on the car.

Applied Angelwax fall out remover, amazed at the amount of bleeding considering the car is only 5 days old.

Cleaned wheels with AG Custom Wheel cleaner, haven't read good reviews about this product but certainly done the job on my gloss black alloys.

Rewashed using AG Body Shampoo

Rinsed and had a really good inspection of the paint, seemed perfect for me so decided against claying and polishing.

Dried the car off using Miracle Dryers from CYC... brilliant, one towel dried the whole car with ease.

Sealed the paint and wheels with FK1000p, easy product to use and really pleased with the result. So glassy and a nice bit of beading this week.

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
For me Superguard is the biggest con going. I had it on my Ibiza and it didnt protect me against bird droppings which were wiped off ASAP.

I polish my car with Auto Glym Super resin polish and then go over it with Auto Glym HD Wax. More pain but has done a superb job.

Last edited:

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
When I got my car I asked for supaguard as part of the deal and as the dealership was a Citroen as well as Seat the salesman recommended the following
http://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-services/accessories/citroen-protect
Must say after 2 years the car is still amazingly shiny when washed and micro towel dried and water still beads. In the blurb it says it is good for from 3 to 5 years and will not be surprised if this is the case.
Was thinking about waterless waxing ( pro-shine/greased lightning) in the summer just to top it up after snow foaming it.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.