Tyres

DANFR180

Feb 8, 2016
Can anyone confirm what tyres are factory fit for MY16 Leon FR 18" ? I have seen a few different brands on cars 1-3 years old

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
I got Continentals on mine, but it's an import. Only a model year 15 too even though just picked up on Monday. But that's on the 18 performance alloys which are still an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMC

Feb 4, 2016
Sofia, Bulgaria
I was also wondering, I saw one in the dealership on Continentals but there was one with Michelins outside (I think it was just delivered but not sure).

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
Seems like they just put on whatever is available at the time? I suppose that keeps the tyre suppliers on their toes!

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
The FR is ok with the Bridgestones. The extra power of the cupra just too much for them.

No the Bridgestone S001 are not okay with the FR:( have them on my 184 FR TDI. Okay in the dry. Terrible in the damp, wet roads. Can't handle the torque and wheel spin is the norm trying to plant the power down. Found that out the hard way one morning when over taking a car and the traction control was lighting up my dashboard and loosing traction. :-o

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
No the Bridgestone S001 are not okay with the FR:( have them on my 184 FR TDI. Okay in the dry. Terrible in the damp, wet roads. Can't handle the torque and wheel spin is the norm trying to plant the power down. Found that out the hard way one morning when over taking a car and the traction control was lighting up my dashboard and loosing traction. :-o

Maybe I haven't driven my wife FR hard enough yet. :lol:

rhinooneshot

Jan 24, 2016
I got Continentals on mine, but it's an import. Only a model year 15 too even though just picked up on Monday. But that's on the 18 performance alloys which are still an option.

Bridge stone on mine which also happens to be an import on 18.

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
Bridge stone on mine which also happens to be an import on 18.

Still can't pm you...

Don't know if you're aware of this issue, I was before purchase, but mine has developed cracks in one of the rear light clusters.

I've contacted Seat dealer, who say they can't find warranty on vehicle but are investigating.

I've posted pics on a thread. Just mentioning it seeing as you have sister car, you can keep an eye on yours.

rhinooneshot

Jan 24, 2016
Still can't pm you...

Don't know if you're aware of this issue, I was before purchase, but mine has developed cracks in one of the rear light clusters.

I've contacted Seat dealer, who say they can't find warranty on vehicle but are investigating.

I've posted pics on a thread. Just mentioning it seeing as you have sister car, you can keep an eye on yours.

Cheers for the heads up. I've looked at mine and noticed a very small crack on the drivers side tail light . When you say they can't find the warranty it started from the point of sale in Malta. Should it not be on the database? My car is showing on the database at chillwell seat as they checked for a recall on the hazard warning switch which it's not needing. The cars warranty runs from September 2015 so the 2 year manufacture warranty started from that date. I've took out extended warranty from motor point which starts from September 2018 for a further 2 years. You will have to let me know how you get on.

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
Cheers for the heads up. I've looked at mine and noticed a very small crack on the drivers side tail light . When you say they can't find the warranty it started from the point of sale in Malta. Should it not be on the database? My car is showing on the database at chillwell seat as they checked for a recall on the hazard warning switch which it's not needing. The cars warranty runs from September 2015 so the 2 year manufacture warranty started from that date. I've took out extended warranty from motor point which starts from September 2018 for a further 2 years. You will have to let me know how you get on.

I was told I had a two year warranty and car was new, and I paid the extra 1 year to give three years. Not told clock ticking from September?! Not happy if that's the case! My key had a note about hazard switch faulty attached when I was picking the car up. I queried and was told that it'd been fixed, and I went out to car to check and was okay.

It's drivers side on mine too for crack.

rhinooneshot

Jan 24, 2016
I would get clarification on the warranty issue. I asked the question when I bought the car and like you I was told 2 year warranty. I contacted seat UK who said it would be from the original delivery date of the vehicle. Nothing to do with when registered but original point of sale date.

My car was registered on collection as new but I had no pdi stamp in the book, Motor point confirmed to me that this started from the 4th September 2015 (when they got the car). Motor point Cannot run a new manufacture warranty was my understanding. My extended warranty runs from the 4/9/17.

Not sure if this is allowed but please feel free to contact me on [email protected] and I can forward you my email from seat UK.

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
This is a well known problem by SEAT. Check out my thread here- http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=418719

Hi Peter, I saw your thread before I purchased the car so it was one of the things I looked for when picking up the car. It wasn't evident then, but I noticed condensation on Wednesday morning and then saw some cracking. If I hadn't seen your thread I'd have been wondering what had caused it. So thank you.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.