removing the dash

BrownFox

Oct 19, 2010
Oxford
I have done a search and come up blank!

I am going to attempt to remove the dash all 3 bits so they can be sprayed/ wrapped

i am confident using the head unit install threads how to remove the bit around the head unit and i would give the bit around the heater controls a go!

but around the steering wheel and dials that i am not too confident with? any help would be ace!

BrownFox

Oct 19, 2010
Oxford
cheers!

it does say that the controls dont pull out far because of cables. if i disconnect the cables whats the chances my car will have a fit or can i just unplug replug?

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
yeah the controls dont come out far, I have had the unit out a little bit already. Im sure it is just a simple replug job because others have already done what you are wanting to do. The fascia of the control unit comes away from the main unit, i have heard. Think it is screwed onto the unit from the back.

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Sorry this is an old thread. Was thinking of removing all the cheap silver trims to spray black. Only question I have is if I unplug the radio do I need a code for it to go back in? Or can the heater control unit be removed without taking the radio out.
From the previously posted thread it looks like the facia just pops off around the radio and leaves the radio in place? I currently have the sat nav unit.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Updown789

Apr 2, 2014
If radio is already in the car and working then no code will be necessary to remove it as it's already coded to tbe ecu

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members