Rear doors struggle to open

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
Hey guys i did a search on this didnt really come up with a solution.

The rear doors on mine struggle to open, the passenger side one is intermittant but the drivers side one will stay shut/locked nearly all the time. doesnt matter if i try and unlock it from the fob, drivers door panel or pulling the inside handle it doesnt want to open.

Im guessing its the door lock module if someone can confirm? And why does it do this?

thanks guys :)

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
Door lock motors are a common problem. I had to replace both my Front door locks as they started playing up. Change them before they get stuck locked.
I got my locks off eBay for about £25 eack brand new. They are patten parts but work perfectly.

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
yeah i just bought the module, how do you go about changing it? do you have to drill off the rivets that hold in the carrier plate?

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
The rivets are only plastic I just pushed the middle out with a screw driver. I didn't bother riveting it back on again as it doesn't really need it. There is a good guide on the frequently asked question section.

al20v

Mar 27, 2010
I am struggling with this problem also . Just ordered a new door lock for my rear from SERE.
I hope to tackle it before the holidays

Would anyone be able to post the link if they have it handy, will continue to search. :)

Last edited:

stevepx

Feb 9, 2016
Southampton
Bump......

Did this resolve your issue... Again, my rear door will no longer unlock from keyfob, pulling internal or external handle or the control panel on the drivers door.. It's slowly been getting worse over the past few weeks until now completely jammed shut...

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
Bump......

Did this resolve your issue... Again, my rear door will no longer unlock from keyfob, pulling internal or external handle or the control panel on the drivers door.. It's slowly been getting worse over the past few weeks until now completely jammed shut...

I bought a new locking module and it seemed to do the trick. I found if they are stuck solid (the rear ones anyway) the door card just pops off with a bit of brute force. you have to take out the 2 Phillips head bolts behind the door handle though. Then pull on the opening cable and it should pop open

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.