Juddering/misfiring

daverave

Nov 14, 2008
I was overtaking another car yesterday and whilst in 4th gear the car (LCR 05) juddered. Later on I tried accelerating with a lot of throttle and I got the same judder/misfire. I've had a stage one remap, and have had a history of coil pack problems - each has been replaced in the past 2 or 3 years. However, every time a coil pack has gone I have had a fault code - This time there are no fault codes. I was wondering if could it be anything else? Would old/dirty spark plugs cause the problem?

Cheers

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
I've never had a fault code when they have went just change them again to find out when one it is take one of at a time and start the car till you find the bad one, I keep 4 spare in my boot just incase

daverave

Nov 14, 2008
I've never had a fault code when they have went just change them again to find out when one it is take one of at a time and start the car till you find the bad one, I keep 4 spare in my boot just incase

Cheers. Any recommendations for new coil packs? There's a few manufacturers, Bosch etc and cheaper ones. I wondered if some are more likely to handle the remap than others.

Also, is it recommended to change spark plugs at the same time?

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Mate I got ones for the 2.0l VW Passat last year and I've never changed them since, plus I've just had mine mapped and there still fine. I'm still on the same spark plugs also, I clean mine a lot plus most of my engine parts, when you get stage 2 get better plugs and better coil packs

pooley25

Leon Cupra R 225-260 '05
Aug 26, 2013
Cambridge
Daverave... I had a similar issue a while back, check the little solenoid connected to the air inlet pipe from the air filter housing, I found one of the vacuum pipes had come off. Put it back on and all was fine!

Cupra panda

Jan 29, 2016
Stevenage
Not sure if this will be of any help but I have a 20vt and had issues with juddering or loss of power checked all sparks and coils they were fine checked ecu had a few issues was t to sure what after removing the codes car was fine and has been running a lot smoother ? I'm new to this just thought I'd share previous experience.

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Not sure if this will be of any help but I have a 20vt and had issues with juddering or loss of power checked all sparks and coils they were fine checked ecu had a few issues was t to sure what after removing the codes car was fine and has been running a lot smoother ? I'm new to this just thought I'd share previous experience.

Removing the codes Dosnt remove the problem

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.