Leon Cupra R - Pol please... Who has had this noise?

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
It's defo to tight mate and the bairing is grinding I think you should just drive it for a few days then see how it is

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
How did they change it did you watch them? I drop my engine about a foot to do mine, it mite even be the plastic cover rubbing, take your wheel of the then inner splash guard then start the car and listen you will find exactly were its coming from

Last edited:

pooley25

Leon Cupra R 225-260 '05
Aug 26, 2013
Cambridge
How did they change it did you watch them? I drop my engine about a foot to do mine, it mite even be the plastic cover rubbing, take your wheel of the then inner splash guard then start the car and listen you will find exactly were its coming from

I'll try that mate. The 2nd and 3rd time everything was changed I was there the whole time, as I wanted to see for myself. We used a stethoscope on numerous parts and I'm sure it's coming from the main roller / damper.

Thinking about it, if the covers were touching anywhere do you reckon the sound could be heard through the tensioner components? Almost giving a false indication of where the noise is coming from?

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Yeh they could be touching as there so hard to get of sometimes they get bent, one of mine was bent at the bottom and was rubbing it's ok now tho, I'd do what I said above then you will know

pooley25

Leon Cupra R 225-260 '05
Aug 26, 2013
Cambridge
Yeh they could be touching as there so hard to get of sometimes they get bent, one of mine was bent at the bottom and was rubbing it's ok now tho, I'd do what I said above then you will know

Cheers buddy... Will let you know the outcome!

pooley25

Leon Cupra R 225-260 '05
Aug 26, 2013
Cambridge
Doubt it's any of the covers, at least mine isn't, ran the engine with aux belt + every cover off, still there.

Can you remove all 3 covers without touching the engine mount? I just want to rule out for definite the whole cover rubbing thing.

Is yours that quiet then that it really doesn't bother you? I think mine sounds horrible.

xDaNx

Can you remove all 3 covers without touching the engine mount? I just want to rule out for definite the whole cover rubbing thing.

Is yours that quiet then that it really doesn't bother you? I think mine sounds horrible.
Think so, can't remember off the top of my head.

Sounds just the same as yours, think I've just got used to it now and don't really notice it

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
The top cover you will need to snap the side of it as its a c u n t to get of, take the inner splash guard of and you can get to the others from there, I had the engine dropped so I'm not sure if they will come straight off.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise