20vt cupra lowering?

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Springs and old dampers don't work. I've done it . Had a set of p1 springs plonked on the old dampers . It was like sitting on a washing machine at full spin . I'm afraid you won't get to keep the nice ride and go cheap on a set of £50 springs. Anyone says otherwise is talking out their backside .
Plus bare in mind the sumps on these cars are fairly low already . Mines sitting at about a 50mm drop . I stay well away from speed bumps .
Take in what Damian has said . If it's a cheap lower job - hard ride and soon new dampers . Coilovers - yes aprox £100 more in cost , but 1- lowered , 2- better ride 3- saves money in the long run .

If you can't afford it yet then just wait a little longer mate .

ferriss1

Feb 8, 2016
leicestershire
i bought those cheap springs for a (just for now) and the worst thing i have done. it said they were 40/40 however its more like 60rear and the front has gone up! i now have springs clunking on lock to lock. i took them back off and put new top mount bearings on ect. put it back together and still no change! so now i have to take it all apart again to re fit back to standard. complete and utter waste of time and money dont bother lads from the experience iv had with them. buy cheap get cheap

Liam180cupra

Jan 27, 2016
Other peoples opinions arent to be followed.

They are simply there for feedback on others experiences.

ferriss1

Feb 8, 2016
leicestershire
i appreciate what ur saying i just thought i wud give you my experience and view on them thats all. as for whether there german 1s or china im not sure........im sure just a bad batch...........why me!!!!!!!! lol

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Springs and old dampers don't work. I've done it . Had a set of p1 springs plonked on the old dampers . It was like sitting on a washing machine at full spin . I'm afraid you won't get to keep the nice ride and go cheap on a set of £50 springs. Anyone says otherwise is talking out their backside .
Plus bare in mind the sumps on these cars are fairly low already . Mines sitting at about a 50mm drop . I stay well away from speed bumps .
Take in what Damian has said . If it's a cheap lower job - hard ride and soon new dampers . Coilovers - yes aprox £100 more in cost , but 1- lowered , 2- better ride 3- saves money in the long run .

If you can't afford it yet then just wait a little longer mate .

+1 on this. The whole point is that springs and dampers should be matched to each other. It's not just as simple as the spring controls the height and the damper the ride quality, they have to be matched to work together as one. The height of the spring, how stiff it is etc, etc, etc, all affect the settings for the dampers.

Changing the specs of either the spring or the damper without changing the other part to match, will just result in a car that at best handles like crap, or worse still, causes you lose control of the car when you hit a bump on a fast bend.

Suspension for me is in the same bracket as tyres and brakes. None of them are worth skimping on as your life depends on them doing their jobs when needed.

I'm not sure i could relax and enjoy driving my car knowing that the springs probably have the same tensile strength as a anorexic knats ****.

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Hears mines lowered 40mm alround on springs only
4eb49333e9369cb3ad1619f96ba716cc.jpg
b32d2d3e13831ee3aea7e98778b04d4d.jpg
cd6992ce154de4c2d89b149e53523832.jpg

AmD Stage 1 Map, Forge 007 DV, CDA Induction Kit, GT80 Milltek Sports Cat Back, 40mm Springs All Round

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Car handles great. Just has my mot the other day and passed. Before my mot I changed my top mounts wishbones drop links track rod ends and rear axle bushes. Car sticks to the roads like glue and has no body roll also the ride quality is much better, better than the standard springs that were originally on the car

AmD Stage 1 Map, Forge 007 DV, CDA Induction Kit, GT80 Milltek Sports Cat Back, 40mm Springs All Round

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Hears another 2 photos, mines is on the right, my mates on the left is on standerd suspension

image_zpspkvqp3tu.png

image_zpsbh2uperh.png

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members