New Exeo owner

pooclah

Feb 14, 2016
Hello everyone

I am now the proud owner of a Seat Exeo 2.0 TDi 143 SE Tech Estate.

I’ve had the car about a week and a half and I’m loving it. So far I’ve fitted the honeycomb grill and Bluefined it. The Bluefin seems to have gotten rid of the flat spots which I wasn’t used to coming from petrol engine cars and has given it a bit of a boost.

Not too sure about the grill yet, when I first got the car I walked uphill toward it and the front looked great from that angle.

I’m off work tomorrow so if it’s not too cold I intend to give it a proper clean and polish. It looks quite good and from the way the water is beading it’s been waxed but the paintwork has no depth if you know what I mean.

Regards

Kevin

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
Welcome fella, hopefully the the weather will be decent for you tomorrow.

I keep meaning to buy a bluefin for mine.

pooclah

Feb 14, 2016
Hi again

Thanks for the welcomes.

Well the car cleaning didn’t happen. The wife decided that it was more important on my day off to traipse around the shops and then babysit the grandkids, so hopefully at the weekend if I’m not working.

I forgot to mention that I also bought a copy of an updated navigation disk with 7 digit postcode and speed cameras. After quick search it seems it is not possible to turn on an audible warning for speed cameras, I just wondered if this was true.

It’s not that I speed – I’m just a bit of a speed camera spotter and I wouldn’t like to miss one hidden behind some tree branches. Recently I actually pulled over, turned on the flash on my phone camera and took a few pictures of a local one, much to the amusement of some passing motorists.

Kevin

Flobadob

Apr 6, 2015
Warwickshire
Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride :)

Soz cant help with your Satnav query but looking at getting a 2016 disc with 7 digit code as many an argument has started with the Mrs over that :D

pooclah

Feb 14, 2016
Thanks for the welcome and I am enjoying it. I know it’s sad but I look forward to finishing work just so I can drive it home.

I don’t hold out too much help on the sat-nav thing after searching but sometimes if you don’t ask in the right places you don’t find out.

Did find out today that the wipers make that horrible rubbing sound, both front and rear. I’m sure I’ve seen a thread on here with recommendations so I’ll be searching in a bit for replacements to fit.

Kevin

Mike1977

Feb 18, 2016
I've had my Exeo for a month, I can honestly say that I'm very impressed with it. Mines done 54,000 miles, I looked at a Audi A4 and the Exeo and the Exeo won on every level, better spec less miles and the same price as the A4. It was a car I'd never even thought about but it ticked all the boxes that I wanted.

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
Thanks for the welcome and I am enjoying it. I know it’s sad but I look forward to finishing work just so I can drive it home.

I don’t hold out too much help on the sat-nav thing after searching but sometimes if you don’t ask in the right places you don’t find out.

Did find out today that the wipers make that horrible rubbing sound, both front and rear. I’m sure I’ve seen a thread on here with recommendations so I’ll be searching in a bit for replacements to fit.

Kevin

I'd recommen a replace them for OEM ones - I did that and no more juddering!

pooclah

Feb 14, 2016
How are you getting on with the Bluefin map?

Great – plenty of grunt at low revs and good acceleration when needed. I can drive normally and be light footed with low revs and not suffer any flat spots, or drive heavy footed with high revs and have some fun.

As to MPG I’m not sure, I didn’t do a before and after test. I did check on my home from work tonight which involves 10 miles of country lanes, 3 miles of dual carriage way, and about 1.5 miles of town driving and got 49.9.

I'd recommen a replace them for OEM ones - I did that and no more juddering!

Oh. I ordered Bosch Aerotwins all round and they were delivered today. I’ll let you know how they go when I fit them tomorrow.

Kevin

pooclah

Feb 14, 2016
I fitted the Bosch wiper blades this morning and took the car out in the rain this afternoon and the result with the wipers on was silence. If I hadn’t seen them moving I would have known they were on. Bliss

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.