My Seat Ibiza PD130 - Big Turbo Time ;) GTB2566VK

What mileage is the engine at? Must be running insane boost!

Engine just hit 111111 two days ago ;)

They do say stock head bolts are good for around 220bhp with a GTB2260+

After doing some research yesterday I found there are a fair number of people out there that have had the same head lift problems, including Ryan from Darkside.

I just hope my head gasket hasn't been wiped out (no signs of head gasket damage).

Had her put on the rollers on Saturday, didn't turn out too well.

First result was 222bhp/270ftlb, we then did a second run and returned 200bhp and even less torque.

Must have been something wrong, right? Well, pictures below....

Y1P80DM.jpg

uZYUE3G.jpg

mKOFEzf.jpg

flUvRwl.jpg

The top boost pipe going onto the EGR delete had split, from where the clamp was done up fairly tight? So its either have it too loose so it won't split and it slides off, tighten it up and then split! I managed to pick up some boost pipes from Boost Junkies in Devon, comparing to the Darkside ones, much better, I can't believe how poor the Darkside ones are!
Anyway, that wasn't the main problem, as seen, the lower boost pipe was sat on the roller! Create a lovely hole losing me all boost. I'm now running 0 PSI, this gets welded up tonight at Boost Junkies (Top Love to them for doing it on an evening after work!)

So hopefully tonight I will be running full boost, I'm arranging another dyno session for this weekend (hopefully).

I also took a Drive in the Cupra to Cheddar Gorge with this Beast.

15AtuAd.jpg

tHSMmaW.jpg

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
New Type-R looks good, shame the rear isn't like the concept in regards to the lights.

You are not the only one that's mentioned about the Darkside Silicone Pipes, they are only 5 ply and if you're running big boost you need at least 7 ply.

Not bad power first time on standard injectors though ;)

New Type-R looks good, shame the rear isn't like the concept in regards to the lights.

You are not the only one that's mentioned about the Darkside Silicone Pipes, they are only 5 ply and if you're running big boost you need at least 7 ply.

Not bad power first time on standard injectors though ;)

It does look much better in person, but it is a shame that they didn't keep the concept look!

Yes you're right about the pipes, I'll upload some shots later comparing the two, my friend also runs the Darkside Pipes & Cooler, he has the same splitting problem where the silicone bolts onto the turbo, I might just change all the Darkside Silicone just to be safe.

Yeah and not bad for leaking boost! The peak power is around 3500rpm when running right, so you can see how bad the dyno is off, looking forward to getting a non-leaking printout soon!

Boost Pipes are welded up! Big thanks to Boost Junkies in Devon!

The Darkside Hardpipes had somehow put a hole in the front pipe behind the bumper, no idea how, will stick pictures up later, disappointed to say the least in the pipes.

Car is now pulling like a train, hasn't felt this good...ever?

Head bolts, head gasket, cambelt, water pump, engine mounts and coilovers tomorrow...finally.

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
So this badboy is getting fitted today.

0N79P1J.jpg

WY7UxoL.jpg

I'm aiming to max out the injectors while everything gets setup/tuned/tested.
Within the next few weeks I'll get some injectors in to hopefully push over 280bhp, over 300 is my aim.

Hi there, who supplied the turbo setup and how much was it if you don't mind me asking?
Also wondering what and who you are planning on using for the headwork?
Looking into this myself but not having much look TBH...

Update:

I'm about to start on something much bigger for the Ibiza, it's going to take a while but some of the stuff should be here in around a month, I'll get it posted up when I can.

For now, new rear calliper going on tonight as its sticking.

New rear discs and pads (Brembo Max)....not bad for £45.

I also fitted a Mondeo Horn (twin), gives it such a nice bigger car horn sound, rather than the girly horn that comes standard!

Update: Boost pipes need preparing AGAIN, but I have a plan to stop them hitting the floor. They get sorted Thursday along with a few other things ;)

I've just had Brembo Max Discs and Brembo Pads fitted on the rear along with a new caliper.

I'll be Drag Racing it Saturday, fingers crossed for a good time with 3rd and 4rd gear syncros knackered.

Update:

Drag Racing went well I guess! Fastest Diesel up Dakota for the day and 2nd fastest FWD.

14.2 over 1/4 mile, everyone was getting fairly "poor" times but I'm happy with that considering the gearbox has a knackered 3rd and 4th gear Syncro's!

Also got a trophy for that!

2 days before that, I had the pipes re-welded by Boost Junkies and they also fitted my Spax RSX Coilovers, which are brilliant!

However....

This happened last Wednesday (21st) at 11pm on the M5 near Tiverton.

OVLXy8I.jpg

Cambelt has completely snapped causing the valves to bend but the pistons survived.

LFHFWAs.jpg

bOpY34C.jpg

So, picked the car up last night (Monday 26th) with new Waterpump, Tensioner, Cam Belt, Head Gasket, Valves, Valve Stem Seals & Lifters. Sorted.

What next then!?

N/A

Apr 18, 2014
N/A
Great build thread read the whole thing, mad how much you have done to the coal train.

I can say from being a passenger a fair few times now, this thing is a animal !!

samussamus1 great work !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Great build thread read the whole thing, mad how much you have done to the coal train.

I can say from being a passenger a fair few times now, this thing is a animal !!

samussamus1 great work !!

Thanks buddy :D

Update: Ripped open the lower boost pipe again - thanks Darkside. [:@][:@][:@]

Oil catch tank getting fitted this weekend, hopefully fixes a problem I have been having with fumes coming into the cabin whilst stopped in traffic. (I believe its fumes coming from the CCV)

killbot

Aug 29, 2012
Warrington, Cheshire
Thanks buddy :D

Update: Ripped open the lower boost pipe again - thanks Darkside. [:@][:@][:@]

Oil catch tank getting fitted this weekend, hopefully fixes a problem I have been having with fumes coming into the cabin whilst stopped in traffic. (I believe its fumes coming from the CCV)

Yeah the darkside hard pipe isn't the best of fits. I've managed to bash my lower pipe on the road after going over a small bump on the motorway, not even lowered.... Luckily only dented the pipe a bit.

Also a pain to get the silicone pipes connected because of the fit, had the lower pipe blow off so many times even though its fitted as best as possible with the position of the pipes.

N/A

Apr 18, 2014
N/A
Yeah the darkside hard pipe isn't the best of fits. I've managed to bash my lower pipe on the road after going over a small bump on the motorway, not even lowered.... Luckily only dented the pipe a bit.

Also a pain to get the silicone pipes connected because of the fit, had the lower pipe blow off so many times even though its fitted as best as possible with the position of the pipes.
Yep that defiantly sound's like the darkside hardpipe kit to me, especially the lower boost pipe sitting so close to the ground !!

Update: Bought a new car as a "daily" so I no longer have to stress about getting things done in a rush on the beast, I can take my time and get everything perfect to my needs.

Anyway....she's a 1.9 TDI PD130, 2005 FR. Pretty much standard, decat and egr blanking plate.

Needs some work doing, thinking of setting up a new thread to log the work done. She drives lovely though, the work doing is only minor, boost leak and so on.... Upgrades will happen, to a degree, she's staying "comfy" at least.

WaNMhCn.jpg

TrnkM8P.jpg

UuVxj8M.jpg

ClToacz.jpg

If you noticed, that is rust on the wings, same both sides, new wings needed!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.