V-Power Diesel

shaun-the-sheep

Oct 21, 2008
Sevenoaks
I've been using V-Power Diesel exclusively in my current Super Copa. Gives very good mpg and power has always been good. Initially doing a lot of short trips and had occasional DPF warnings but a quick couple of miles up and down the M25 from one junction to the next has always cleared the warning light. Yes, it's a bit more expensive than standard fuel, but worth it. As a rough guide been getting approx 450 miles from a tank on a mix of local journeys and motorway use.

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
I've just started to try supermarket fuel with Millers Ecomax diesel. Was running V P diesel before.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I always run standard BP diesel but the other day I had to go to Shell as I was almost empty and I don't like Shell fuel save as it always makes my car run rough like Tesco fuel so I went for V-Power and noticed a difference straight away! Even though I've always thought BP was quite good, VPower seems better. It makes the car run really smooth. Although it cost an extra fiver to fill up

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
I always run standard BP diesel but the other day I had to go to Shell as I was almost empty and I don't like Shell fuel save as it always makes my car run rough like Tesco fuel so I went for V-Power and noticed a difference straight away! Even though I've always thought BP was quite good, VPower seems better. It makes the car run really smooth. Although it cost an extra fiver to fill up

Well, its my wife who drives the FR184 and I filled it up yesterday with V Power diesel. She had been running in on supermarket diesel. Ill ask in a weeks time if she has noticed any difference. She doesnt know wha fuelt I put in.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Well, its my wife who drives the FR184 and I filled it up yesterday with V Power diesel. She had been running in on supermarket diesel. Ill ask in a weeks time if she has noticed any difference. She doesnt know wha fuelt I put in.

I've only ever put Tesco fuel in mine once and I got the worst mileage I've ever had and it run rough, even at idle it was rough and sounded very tractory

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
My 184 seem to have a little more combustion noise on V-power diesel, get that annoying rattle at light tip in's from about 1700-2400rpm. Seems to pull harder at higher revs tho.

Feb 17, 2015
Manchester
I always use shell but can't feel much difference with the V power diesel beside the funny acidic smell when using it.

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
Injector rattle?
Yeah the usual diesel noise but was hoping it would be quieter than it is, slightly more load and the noise goes. Its also quieter when in regen. Overall I am not that impressed with the engine calibration. Will switch to petrol by the end of the year with any luck.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
Tried vpower diesel for a couple of weeks and can't say I noticed any difference in performance or economy in my 184. I usually use sainsburys or esso fuel as they are the closest/cheapest.

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
Same Neil, there's a super market near to me I use, its on my door step have used their diesel for about 12 years and not had a problem. Didn't 5 th gear do a programme on these top fuels and found you don't get any benefit ?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Same Neil, there's a super market near to me I use, its on my door step have used their diesel for about 12 years and not had a problem. Didn't 5 th gear do a programme on these top fuels and found you don't get any benefit ?

So true, my Cupra's over the years have all performed great on nothing more than Asda's best.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Unless you are looking to run the car for lots of miles over many years, I really can't see putting the premium fuel in will be of any noticeable benefit. It's about 10-15% more expensive but you simply cannot see that sort of gain in BHP or MPG. It's not like we live in a country where the cheaper fuel has bits of grit in it nor the US where the fuel is "watered down".

Obviously if you want to use it, that's your choice as there is some benefit. Just don't expect it to be at all cost effective.

Last edited:

Loftus

Feb 11, 2015
Mine runs worse on BP ultimate, at first I thought it was just me imagining it but it happened a couple of times. It would run rough and perform a lot of regens.

Switched back to standard BP and its fine again, I assume it didnt like something in the additives.

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezjknhwcQXU

also this is a bit long but worth a watch and its mainly petrol and USA but it applies here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJCuXQYELe4

it highlights that all fuels are the same if you get 98 from supermarket its the same 98 from shell the difference is the additives that each company uses! some additives are not good some are

I have always found tesco fuel to be the worst! an old car I had always used to deliver less MPG on tesco! and my bike used to run crap!

when it comes to octane ratings on petrol if the car is tuned for it the the car will benefit if its not tuned for it then you are wasting money!

just use what fuel it states in the book the additives are what make a difference

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise