V-Power Diesel

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
To get the best out of something like V Power, a car needs to be mapped to make the most of it. ECU does have some ability to learn different fuels but as they are generic and have to work under huge variation of fuel quality and external factors they aren't able to fully utilise better fuel.

If you can get a custom map and stick to V Power you'd get a nice performance increase, even without any hardware changes. I expect a Cupra would go very nicely mapped to it. My Impreza does.

jake100biggins

Jan 1, 2016
Not quite, tesco buy cheap and sell high ie no added detergent etc and possibly occasional fuel from less quality sources.
Ask any tanker driver.
Esso is consistant with added package and will clen prolonging filter etc from gumming up.
My cars run much smoother on v power.
Noticable enough not to be a placibo effect.
Pays your money.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
I tend to use Shell rather than supermarket fuel in the hope Shell don't add as much biodiesel to the mix. The supermarkets certainly do (up to 8-10% in some paces according to the pumps).

Given the issues producing BioDiesel and that the car manual say to not use it I stick to Shell.

I periodically put a couple of tanks of V-Power through in the hope it will help clean the engine innards, when I'm running on VPower I notice a slight increase in MPG over the tank (calculated rather than computer).

I normally get around 52MPG per tank, with VPower that's closer to 55MPG.

I'm sure someone could work out whether that increase is worth the premium, but I doubt it!

All figures calculated when re-filling tank as it gets to nearly empty (a tank lasts me a week or 8 days ish). So figures should reflect pretty much just the affect of switch of fuel.

Houghsx

Aug 11, 2015
I must admit to using Supermarket mainly for convenience. I'm going to actively change my habits from now on and the thing is its usually 3p(ish) more expensive for standard fuel from the likes of Shell which is only a couple of quid more for a full tank.

GUAYACAN

Young at heart
Mar 28, 2015
Derby
I used v power in my A3 1.9TDI and what a difference it made to the supermarket diesels. It was sharper and required less right foot to do anything. You could get supermarket fuel to go also, but with more right foot. I therefore settled on V power.
I still use it in my Leon, which has a little DTUK help. It is perfect and very responsive with good MPG.
Car does seem to be running much better since last service. No idea if they updated the ECU or not. Idle now ultra smooth.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I used v power in my A3 1.9TDI and what a difference it made to the supermarket diesels. It was sharper and required less right foot to do anything. You could get supermarket fuel to go also, but with more right foot. I therefore settled on V power.
I still use it in my Leon, which has a little DTUK help. It is perfect and very responsive with good MPG.
Car does seem to be running much better since last service. No idea if they updated the ECU or not. Idle now ultra smooth.

V Power is always going to be better than supermarket fuel but does it really have much difference over standard Shell or BP Diesel? I don't think it's worth the extra cost over standard BP Diesel

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.