Remap options

Boj27

Dec 15, 2015
London
Hello,

Been thinking of a remap. Got a cupra 280 which goes very well, but there's always more to be had which drew me to remaps. The 2l tsi engine always remapped well, and to go from 276bhp/258tq to anywhere from 350bhp/376tq with software, this is definitely no exception.

It's either going to be Revo or APR. Can someone with experience with either Revo or Apr let me know what their experiences are? Or anyone who's tried both maybe?

I'm also worried about warranty - I know they can both been reverted free of charge if warranty work needs doing, but, does this wipe the ECU mark completely? Has anyone had any issues with warranty after a remap? I've heard they mark your car with a TD1 error, but it isn't something they can physically it, it's just the dealerships assuming it's been mapped, I.E if they can see you've changed the exhaust or components then they will mark it as TD1 and there's no way for them to know it's been mapped even if they hook it
Up to diagnostics?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
As far as i know the TD1 mark is a software mark on the ecu that shows how many times it has been flashed. Not sure if revo/apr can reset it to 0 but i'm 99% sure it's the case that it's a ECU code and will show up if they connect the ECU to the main VW/SEAT database.

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I did the development work for REVO on my car. I'm now running APR with DSG software.

Reason because REVO didn't offer DSG software.

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
Keeping an eye on this thread ahead of potential cupra purchase. Think I saw shark do one. And there are a couple of tuning box options that might be better for warranty work.

Andrew any opinion on Revo vs APR map?

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I've been reading about Apr's ability to reset the ecu flash flag when flashing new map to the ecu which should help with keeping the map under wraps if any dealer work needed.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
ive seen an audi warranty form somewhere that states that a modified car must be put back to standard condition before warranty works can commence, so that said, if you map back to standard you are fulfilling the requirements

cupraboss

Dec 27, 2015
I did the development work for REVO on my car. I'm now running APR with DSG software.

Reason because REVO didn't offer DSG software.

What stage are you running? what horsepower and torque? Has the car coped well with the increase in power? In order to revert back to standard do you have to go to the garage where the remap was installed? How much did it cost?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Car is fine, its stage 2 at the moment, hasn't been on a RR for a while but last time it made around 380.

Cost i can't comment on.

DGF264

Jul 15, 2010
County Durham
@andrewJB (or anyone lol) my Cupra is DSG also but the DSG remap is really really pricey. Do I 'have' to get the DSG mapped as well when mapping the car? Or can it be left as it is? I'm sure APR stage 1 is around £750 PLUS £640 ish for the DSG map! So... Can I just go stage 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I'm thinking along the same line as you dgf. I'm hoping I can just get stage 1 apr map without the dsg remap as well. I might wait till I've got a few miles on the clock and go after 1st service in Sept.

DGF264

Jul 15, 2010
County Durham
Awesome GTi and shark performance both said these cars handle the stage 1 without the DSG map. So hopefully that's correct lol

DGF264

Jul 15, 2010
County Durham
@andrewJB what do u mean? The OE DSG map? Why? Does the 'remapped' DSG make shifting quicker etc as well? Cheers

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
out of interest , whats the 0-60 times on a dsg with both ECU and DSG remap? Guessing its much easier to test on an auto than a manual is (i'm rubbish at it, not been able to get much more than about 9 seconds in my manual :(

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
@andrewJB what do u mean? The OE DSG map? Why? Does the 'remapped' DSG make shifting quicker etc as well? Cheers

The OEM (factory mapping) is pants, sport mode holds onto gears far to long, drive holds lets them go too quickly and paddle mode isn't a full paddle mode as it auto changes for you.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise