Leon FR - anyone else missing the lefthand boot net?

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Interesting, thanks. It's listed as standard for SE and FR models in both the June and November brochures. Not sure what week my car is (it was off the docks and not factory ordered), but the test ticket in the glove box is dated 12/11/13. Had a look at a whole bunch of FR's on eBay and they all seem to have the net. I guess the factory ran out of SE/FR boot carpet :)

Spoke to the dealer again today and they eventually put one on order, but given the confusion over which boot net I was referring to, I'm not really sure what will turn up. Anyone got access to the parts catalogue?!

Cheers,

Andy

Andy, did you get this sorted? Dont suppose you have the part number to hand if you did do you? Cheers, Matt

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013
Andy, did you get this sorted? Dont suppose you have the part number to hand if you did do you? Cheers, Matt

Hi Matt,

No this never got sorted... the dealer told me they would order the part but I suspect once they established it had been dropped from the spec they didn't bother. I couldn't muster the energy to chase it up.

Part numbers can be found here http://www.partsbase.org/seat/leon-leon-4-le-eu-2013-5f-d-000-001-86780-luggage-compartment-trim-trim-for-rear-cross-panel-retainer-for-trim/ but I don't know if it is possible to add a net to a blank trim panel, since it is normally one assembly. I guess you would need the associated clips and the trim panel would need drilling, but without seeing one up close its impossible to say.

Cheers,

Andy

gshaw

Jun 14, 2014
Essex
I know this is an old thread but thought this may be useful for someone. I just got this on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-S...EW-/172080689179?_trksid=p2141725.m3662.l6403

Seems like the part number for the left boot net is 5F0868917. Seller had it listed for £12 but they accepted my offer of £9.50 so it was pretty cheap. I have a 14 plate FR (184). Fingers crossed it fits.

Will be interested to see if this works as I'd like that for my MY16 SC FR. I've made some custom storage in the wheel well but would be useful to have something in easily accessible in the boot, don't want to put any visible boxes etc. in though so this would be ideal.

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013
As the OP I'd also be interested to know how you get on.

However I don't think it's quite as simple as buying the net... The parts catalogue shows clips and grommets that the net fits into:

11b620ee03b30fd2018e77fb67785614.jpg

I can't find any pre-drilled holes under the carpet, so unless you fancy drilling blind, in order to fit those parts the carpet trim will need to be removed. According to the workshop manual that means:

- Removing the rear boot slam trim
- Removing the C-pillar trim to reveal hidden fastener.

All of which seems like a lot of effort ;)

Cheers,

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

garry H bird

Oct 27, 2015
Hi Guys mine also is missing the small net also the cover flap by the gear console not that bothered

garry H bird

Oct 27, 2015
my car fr 150 tdi most toys fitted had quite a few issues with mine still glad I chose the leon over the golf
sometimes wish it was the 184 diesel

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013
Yeah, all these items were deleted from standard spec and made optional. Mine is 63 plate and has the under seat storage boxes and centre console flap but not the boot net.

I've been very pleased with mine, apart from the odd snag and build quality issue it's a great car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garry H bird

Oct 27, 2015
Hi Andy mine as the under seat storage my leon is on 14 plate there seems to be slight changes also to the steering wheel seen the 16 plate quality of leather as changed much better on new one nicer feel
hoping also for seat to do cupra diesel of put the high out-put diesel from the Passat standard 234 bhp and bags of torque

will_0407

Oct 8, 2014
As the OP I'd also be interested to know how you get on.

However I don't think it's quite as simple as buying the net... The parts catalogue shows clips and grommets that the net fits into:

11b620ee03b30fd2018e77fb67785614.jpg

I can't find any pre-drilled holes under the carpet, so unless you fancy drilling blind, in order to fit those parts the carpet trim will need to be removed. According to the workshop manual that means:

- Removing the rear boot slam trim
- Removing the C-pillar trim to reveal hidden fastener.

All of which seems like a lot of effort ;)

Cheers,

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it really is a massive pain I will just return it or resell it to someone who is more capable than me of fitting it properly!

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
I think an open nylon bag (or one that has a cover), with a couple of long Velcro strips glued to the back, to fit in the recess is what's required to make something better than the original net! If anyone finds the right size of bag somewhere, post it back here as I might be tempted to give it a go. Can put first aid kit, warning triangle, electric compressor, digital tyre pressure monitor and hi-vis vest in there. There has to be something on ebay or amazon that fits the bill.

will_0407

Oct 8, 2014
As some have suggested, this is not a straightforward fit. I received the net this morning, but I haven't opened it as I can clearly see I'm not going to be able to fit it with my level of skill and knowledge (i.e none!)

I paid £9.50 inc pnp- if someone wants it for that (I can post via standard 2nd class post at work for free), then let me know by Friday otherwise I will send back for a refund.