DAB Upgrade

Mrski1

May 12, 2008
Aberdeen
I am looking to fit some sort of DAB device to my Exeo ST, has anyone fitted a DAB upgrade to the RNSE, something like the Alpine EZi-DAB kit? What aerial options did you go for?

Thanks

Adam

Mrski1

May 12, 2008
Aberdeen
I fitted one of these "CK-O DAB2011 V2 with improved display" from here http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/CK-O_DAB2011.html
and this roof aerial "Kinetic DRA-6006 DAB - DAB+ / FM-AM car aerial"
Great performance for £145, easy to fit and reliable.
DAB needs an external aerial unless you stay local and you live in a strong signal area.
I did not have an RNSE but it just uses 2 RCAs for audio and 1 for video so if you have the inputs available RNSE will work fine (not sure if the RNSE resolution is up to it though)

Did you manage to fit this in place of the little shark fin or as well as?

Mrski1

May 12, 2008
Aberdeen
So I would need an aerial which will do FM/AM DAB and GPS, then have the little DAB box fitted as well. roughly £200 and a bit of faffing around.

The other option is to just upgrade to a new head unit but the Pioneer headunit I like is £620.....

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
So I would need an aerial which will do FM/AM DAB and GPS, then have the little DAB box fitted as well. roughly £200 and a bit of faffing around.

The other option is to just upgrade to a new head unit but the Pioneer headunit I like is £620.....

I didn't think that would work either without a proper dab aerial? So even with that option, there is faffing to do with an aerial (I think).

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.