Servicing Manchester

SiR26

Mar 21, 2015
Manchester
Just been advised of an upcoming 2nd year service in the next couple of months. So I'm after some people recommendations.

SEAT main dealer- £239 fixed price and they may change the pollen filter (which is the only difference I can see from the 1st year interim service ). For the extra £60 it doesn't seem like good value. My local dealer would be lookers ....

Awesome GTi - fairly local to me but they are not a main dealer and it's £20 cheaper and they replace sparks and all filters which seat don't.

Has anyone used AGTI - what are they like.

Does a seat stamp really go towards preserving the value of the car. ??????:help:

Simon

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
Have you had a look on line on the Seat web page for servicing ? They sent me a reminder like you about second service and if you book it on line you will get European break down cover.

SiR26

Mar 21, 2015
Manchester
Have you had a look on line on the Seat web page for servicing ? They sent me a reminder like you about second service and if you book it on line you will get European break down cover.

Yeah thats the same as me, it's a good deal but iirc I already have seat roadside assistance for the next 18 months on my cupra anyway.

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
The stamp goes a long way when selling your car , I sold my 2004 Skoda Fabia VRS last year it had a full service history 60,000 and got £3,500 and was still getting phone calls days after.So I personally think depending how long you are going to keep it it worth getting it stamped. Saying that if the garage is VAT registered and user's genuine parts they can stamp your book and Seat will continue with your warranty.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
Try David Cook Motors in Chadderton they are excellent.

They were the SEAT main dealer in North / East Manchester for over 30 years, but after getting rather hacked off with SEAT have given up the franchise this year. They are now independent and offer a fantastic service.

I've been using them for the past 4 years while I've owned my mk2 & have always treated me well. Never had any issues & I will continue to use them to get my car serviced & MOT'd.

Last edited:

LCR33

Aug 18, 2014
In a house
My experience not great with agti, they are fine with taking money for bolt on bits but not too good if problems arise.

chrishale

May 31, 2010
Manchester, UK
Another vote for David Cook Motors.

I had a service on my 280 there last year, and some warranty work carried out a few months after (a timing sensor was faulty causing the cruise control to error) and they made it really painless. All the staff seem really friendly as well.

Lookers is my local dealer as well, but I found them really unhelpful when trying to buy my 280 so didn't bother going back.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
My car came from David cook motors and while not exactly local I was impressed with their service when collecting the car and will most likely use for servicing when the time comes reading the positive comments here ;)

SiR26

Mar 21, 2015
Manchester
I've heard off avid cook before but agree lookers aren't the most helpful or knowledgable. I'll see what they charge for a major and compare, this road side assistance thing does make lookers preferable but reality is ill never use it.

Thanks for the insight all

Last edited:

platinumFR

Feb 2, 2006
manchester
I've got my first service coming up and to have the same issue I'm from Stretford but work in Newton Heath, doesn't the car get updates etc when going into a dealer?