My 08 Candy White Cupra

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Hi All bit of an update :)

So after having the facelift climate control in for a week with no issues I made a purchase of something I've wanted for a while.

This meant I had the opportunity to complete the look I've wanted for a long time.

So it began with removing the stereo,climate control and speedo clocks

Then the tinkering begun lol and was time to start spraying everything satin black.

Purchased this speedo fascia so I can keep the original as it is. Got some more nanodrive also as its done 5k since last change so will do it soon.

After the plastic primer was done:

Then for some colour:

Happy with how it turned out it looks spot on

Then it was time to strip the climate control unit and fascia:

This was relatively straightforward but just fiddly and time consuming as I didn't want to break anything as that would have been a nightmare.

After primer:

Then some colour:

Then once dry it was time to rebuild it:

Again I'm chuffed with the result it was worth the time and effort. Putting it all back together was a pain in the arse if I'm honest.But had to take my time as again I didn't want to break anything.

Then it was a case of putting it all in]

IMO it looks so much better than before I love it :D

Another purchase was this brand new genuine double din fascia

Haven't finished it yet as it only arrived this evening.But once finished I will upload more pics.

What am I putting in you ask?

Well I've bagged a blooming bargain in the form of this bad boy :funk:

It's a brand new genuine Rns-510 2015 LED model with the latest maps and is something I've wanted for a long time and couldn't let the opportunity pass.

Once the unit arrives I'll get it straight in and update my thread.

As always thanks for looking/comments good or bad

Cheers

Craig

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Looks really good so far mate and should be epic once it's all in :D would love to do all my plastics a darker colour like that, I'm impressed ;)

Thank you Josh ;)

Yes looks so much better than before I used Hycote plastic primer and satin black.Although I did three good coats of the satin black for all three fascia one can was just enough.

As usual Craig a very professional looking job, better than original by a long way, hope the new unit performs as well as it all looks.

Will

Thank you Will ;)

Have had mk2's for many years and have always had the same old setup and had this idea and thought it's about time I pulled my finger out and did something about it.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Finished off the double din fascia today.

It's come out great and matches the other panels perfectly.

My Rns-510 arrived today :p

Very happy with it and can't wait to get it in, manufacturing date was December 2015 and has all the latest software and maps

Cheers all

Craig

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Cheers chaps much appreciated :)

Recently purchased this high flow charge/throttle pipe kit and have to say I'm very impressed with it and should help loads in the long run as the stock pipe work is very restrictive in comparison.

Didn't get many of the kit installed but to be honest it's hard to see much due to the location

Once fitted I could feel a difference she seems to pull harder and you can hear the turbo more now.

I've just got the same pipes as these. I've read a couple of times that the CTS discharge pipe needs the clip modified to fit right, if not modified the hose keeps blowing off under boost.
I was just wanting to know if you had to modify anything on any of these pipe to fit right?
I know about the jubilee clips and have already bought some.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Looks really nice

Thank you Nick much appreciated buddy :)

I've just got the same pipes as these. I've read a couple of times that the CTS discharge pipe needs the clip modified to fit right, if not modified the hose keeps blowing off under boost.
I was just wanting to know if you had to modify anything on any of these pipe to fit right?
I know about the jubilee clips and have already bought some.

No mate I've not had to mod these at all they were spot on and had no problems upto now with boost leaks.

Although I'm going solid pipes when the wellycooler is fitted so they will never come loose.As the clip part will be cut off and a coupler welded to it for a short section of hose this way it will give enough flex for engine movement but will maintain a perfect seal under full boost ;)

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Thank you Nick much appreciated buddy :)

No mate I've not had to mod these at all they were spot on and had no problems upto now with boost leaks.

Although I'm going solid pipes when the wellycooler is fitted so they will never come loose.As the clip part will be cut off and a coupler welded to it for a short section of hose this way it will give enough flex for engine movement but will maintain a perfect seal under full boost ;)

That's good to know, cheers.

Are you making your own solid pipe set up?
Is there much modification need to fit the welly cooler?

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Getting the cooler fitted by Rich at Dynodaze in hinkley mate and he's going to fabricate the pipework.

You need to mod the crash bar to fit it but that isn't a concern as he's spot on at what he does.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Fitted the head unit this morning :)

Very happy with it and has finished the look I set out for. Everything works perfectly as do all the steering wheel controls such as phone,volume ,skip etc etc

The sat nav is brilliant,I've fitted the gps antenna just above the head unit and picks up the satellites with ease so that's saved me the ball ache of routing it onto the windscreen.

Another bonus is on the mfd it shows you the heading in the top right corner

Then when you set it to a destination it does this on the mfd to give you another area to view what the next turn is and what road it is.

I've changed the boot up logo to a Seat one but haven't taken a pic yet but will update once I've done it.

Sound quality is spot on both for music and DVDs so overall would highly recommend this for anyone looking to upgrade.

Purchased these recently and fitted today. Have gone from the blue washer and coolant caps to black and changed the coilpack harness from black to red.

Will add a fitted pic tomorrow.

Cheers all ;)

Craig

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
I'd of bought the polar fis had I seen the Group buy on face book,but I picked the Revo unit up used for £200 locally,It should hold its value a little over the fis, to someone with Revo software anyway.

It seems pretty good though,we'll have to start a separate thread for performance readings,30-130 etc.

Edit:- I got stuck with lajohnz username because Johnsy was taken, my surname is Johns,

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
I'd of bought the polar fis had I seen the Group buy on face book,but I picked the Revo unit up used for £200 locally,It should hold its value a little over the fis, to someone with Revo software anyway.

It seems pretty good though,we'll have to start a separate thread for performance readings,30-130 etc.

Edit:- I got stuck with lajohnz username because Johnsy was taken, my surname is Johns,

Ah my bad haha, yes the revo unit will appeal to those running there software and should hold its money well.

Start a thread buddy for the readings.

Lokks much better in there now but i cant help but think the steering wheel part looks a little out of place,have you thought about doing the grey part of the gear knob to match?

Thanks mate, yes was thinking of a change for the wheel insert in the form of satin black then red or white lettering.

Will be doing the side vent outer rings next week to match the dash.Didnt think about the gear knob! Do you know if the grey bit comes apart or would it be a case of mask up and spray?

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise