Remapped 280 Clutch Slipping Help.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
I was going to suggest the sachs clutch as above, it was the one i looked at when my clutch was slipping but that seems to have magically fixed itself now, should get change from a grand with fitting.

Cant seem to find any others

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Phoned vrs Northampton the guy I need to speak to is on holiday will be back in on Monday lol.
But was looking on there website an they have two listed for the car

http://www.vrsnorthampton.com/en/home/111-sachs-performance-clutch-4-paddle-sintered.html

http://www.vrsnorthampton.com/en/home/110-sachs-performance-clutch-organic.html
Will these clutches be okay which 1 should I order am really unsure?

Organic one is the one you will want unless you want it to be hard to drive in traffic then get the paddle one.

The guy you will be needing to speak to is Will. He's the owner hes also got a Stage3 Golf MK7 R which is manual with an uprated clutch.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Organic one is the one you will want unless you want it to be hard to drive in traffic then get the paddle one.

I replaced the organic one as it was slipping with the sintered paddle.
Couldn't be easier to drive. Haven't stalled it once and I'm stuck in motorway queues daily.
Really is recommended. This is for the sachs version anyway. I already had the uprated cover.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Some people struggle with them, I loved the hard pedal and biteness of them.

got DSG now though.

taffyR

May 15, 2006
TREALAW/ RHONDDA S.WALES
I know its leon section but browsing and thought this would help,
Thats what aere all here for innit?
Had same problem with my ibiza mk3 cupraR
its running 330 lb/ft and 358 bhp .
Speak to badger 5
Bill ordered me a SPEC clutch.
Can take up to 600lb/ft
This is Top Quality stuff from the USA
Mines got a single mass g60 flywheel.
Expensive, but now i can drive the car as i want, and no slip when water/meth kicks in
Problem solved !!!

Last edited:

Jonyct

Oct 9, 2016
hello, I have the same problem as you, take Stage 2 APR 380hp and 560 nm and sometimes slipping the clutch. he changed the clutch? that clutch put him?

Raven

Mar 10, 2014
Go to golfmk7.com and read up on the clutches. Anything above stage 1 and the clutch will eventually start slip. Once it have start slipping you better change asap. Otherwise youll have to change the flywheel aswell..

YerMaw

Jul 4, 2016
Go to golfmk7.com and read up on the clutches. Anything above stage 1 and the clutch will eventually start slip. Once it have start slipping you better change asap. Otherwise youll have to change the flywheel aswell..

With the Mk7 R it seems you don't have to be beyond stage 1 for the clutch to go. Cars running tuning boxes have went as well as a few standard cars reported on VWROC and pistonheads. The clutch on the manual is just dangerously close to it's limit with standard power if you ask me. It was a contributing factor in my decision to go DSG this time.

Raven

Mar 10, 2014
Dsg can slip aswell.. mine slipped with jb1 and dp. With tcu software and stage2 tune it's now ok.

Jonyct

Oct 9, 2016
okay! then I have to change clutch disc. where to buy it ?? if for golf r7 there for our tmb. I spend some link where you can buy it. Thank yo

Raven

Mar 10, 2014
Apparently the rs3 clutch can work. The flywheel will as I understood to be slightly adjusted (bigger holes). Check out the golfmk7 forum. Lots of discussions regarding clutches.

Jonyct

Oct 9, 2016
I just enter the forum golf7r them with stage 1 and skidding them jejejej clutch. Stage 2 has me with higth APR has only once and parinado me because i put a space heater in cold jejej. I still want camviar the clutch because sooner or later I'll have to change it in the golfmk7 moment and not seen anyone who has changed the clutch forum. seguire forum reading them. and forgive with translations into English I'm from Spain !! Thank you.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.