Drainage Channels

okedave

Jul 14, 2014
Does anyone know if there is a drainage channel between the front wheels and the cabin? If so whats the best way to access it?

I have water coming in and filling up the drivers footwell and suspect this may be the problem.

julianat57

Jun 19, 2010
Stafford
Does anyone know if there is a drainage channel between the front wheels and the cabin? If so whats the best way to access it?

I have water coming in and filling up the drivers footwell and suspect this may be the problem.

Hi, it's probably the plenum chamber drains, under the battery and the brake servo. Plenty of threads on here about it. Deal with it sooner rather than later as it gets to electronic control units. Age old Audi and VW problem, I check regularly for water build up in the battery area.....Julian

okedave

Jul 14, 2014
Hi, it's probably the plenum chamber drains, under the battery and the brake servo. Plenty of threads on here about it. Deal with it sooner rather than later as it gets to electronic control units. Age old Audi and VW problem, I check regularly for water build up in the battery area.....Julian

Its not that, as I keep that area clear of water. I can actually see water dripping into the cabin just in front of the bonnet catch release handle, but cant see where it is dripping in from.

julianat57

Jun 19, 2010
Stafford
Its not that, as I keep that area clear of water. I can actually see water dripping into the cabin just in front of the bonnet catch release handle, but cant see where it is dripping in from.

Hi, I remember seeing a thread on here a few years ago, where they found a rubber grommet was missing, I will try to see if I can find it.....Julian
A post by carldavies13 in 2012 refers to a bung missing under the wheel arch, (possibly behind the liner?)....Julian

Last edited:

okedave

Jul 14, 2014
Just had my windscreen replaced under guarantee by Autoglass (they did it originally in September), so hopefully that will sort it now :)

RichL

Oct 21, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
There is a hole behind the ECU that comes out up behind the lower dash above the drivers side footwell. Found it when I was trying to check my ECU for damp after a long drive in torrential rain gave my ECU the fits.
Mine was just a hole, I suspect there should be a bung in there or something but I couldnt get the ecu out to access it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise