Hopeful new Cupra 290

Daniel1431

Jun 21, 2008
Walsall, West Midlands
Hi all,

I currently own a 13 plate FR 2.0. Tomorrow, I am heading to a local dealer to test drive the new 290 Cupra. I have had a 'VIP' leaflet saying they have some special offers that cannot be found anywhere else. (Needles to say I am reading into this with light hopes).

It says that 4 days only the offers will include 0% APR finance, savings of £5965, no deposit, new cars at cost price plus best possible prices for part exchange. Furthermore, it goes on to add that they can offer £1000 cashback on seat models and 2 years free servicing.

Last time I went my car was valued at £11k! What an insult considering all the extras that came when I purchased the car!
Enough of that stuff.

What price should I aim to get this car for as Carwow had it listed for £26,000 5 door standard.

Any advice on what freebies or reduced paints etc should I mention.

Sorry for long post.

Daniel1431

Jun 21, 2008
Walsall, West Midlands
I am home from the dealer. What a waste of time that was. VIP event was a few cardboard cut outs in the showroom. Cost price cars were only on discontinued models.... Rubbish.

Long story short I owe £12k on my FR with all added extras. They offered me £10k so £2k negative. The cheapest they were willing to let the car go for was £27k and that was for 5 door with Seat Sound and Cruise control and paint.

Payments worked out at £436 a month so walked away saying he obviously wasn't in the need for a sale.

I have gone through Carwow tonight and will see how I get on with that.

What do you guys think?

Par

Mar 22, 2004
Fife
Have a look at Broker4cars & Drive the Deal websites and be prepared to sell your car privately. Should work out a lot better than going through a dealer.

Par

Mar 22, 2004
Fife
Drive the Deal - you get the best price straight away and know what to expect. With Car Wow dealers will still try to hedge their best offer as they can have 2 or 3 bites at the cherry.

Personally I used Broker4cars which my local dealers tried to get close to but they were still about £1.5K over Broker4cars price. and got about £2k more selling my Mk2 Cupra than trading it in.

noel2014

Jan 6, 2014
Tamworth
Do a personal contract hire deal instead, takes away the worry of having to sell your car at the end /receiving insulting offers. I've got a 290 which on a 2 year deal is £340 per month BUT with 25,000 miles a year on the contract. No worries at end about negative equity etc, just hand it back :) try nationwide vehicle contracts and play off against dealer.

Daniel1431

Jun 21, 2008
Walsall, West Midlands
I have used Broadspeed now and Carwow and DTD. Will post on how I get on. Had call from Seat garage and told them what I had been offered already through websites and waiting to hear back tomorrow.
Thanks a lot for help!