What did you and your MK2 do today?

JMF894

Jul 11, 2014
Norfolk
'Attempted' to change the rear drop links and disks and pads on the FR. However, due to not having a stubby M14 multi spline male socket (too late to beg, borrow or steal by the time I needed it) and the drop links sticking a big two fingers up at me the end result of an afternoons work was one drop link changed and a quick car wash.

I happened to notice whilst under there both rear dampers leaking and an exhaust bracket has snapped off!

One of those days.....................

yesterday, Lee came and done some detailing on the car

12670943_1680061748902864_4269947496842808657_n_zpszoi0mct0.jpg

techieboi

Jun 8, 2015
Exeter, Devon
Fitted the TRC front splitter on my Facelift Cupra over the weekend. Not too shabby. Had to take the front bumper off though in order to get the bolts in properly. No bother though, bumper came off and went back on without any issues.

IMG_2918.jpg

IMG_2917.jpg

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
What put me off their PCV delete was the location of the pipes. The response I got from them when I asked how much residue comes out and where the pipes go to was: "Behind the engine somewhere, it'll be fine"

I done a bit of research spoke to a couple of people about how they fit theirs rather that asking R-Tech, from what I heard and read the pcv complete delete is the best way to go to keep the valve clean. Kebabwarrior81 and AlexK1 on here were both very helpful when I asked about their own set ups.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
I done a bit of research spoke to a couple of people about how they fit theirs rather that asking R-Tech, from what I heard and read the pcv complete delete is the best way to go to keep the valve clean. Kebabwarrior81 and AlexK1 on here were both very helpful when I asked about their own set ups.

It's the only worthwhile option over the OEM PCV.

The best way of routing them is down in to the exhaust tunnel as far as where the main catalytic converter would be - either to the side or just inside the tunnel/heatshielding, which is what I did, along with suitable heatshield tape on the breather pipes. Since doing this I don't smell it at all. When they were simply routed down the 'back of the engine bay' the smell was vile and overpowering, came in through the vents, open windows etc.

And for Rich's question - the pipe from the cam cover gives no residue at all on mine, just gases/pressure. The one from the crank breather does. Not a lot - but enough to make the end of the pipe 'mucky'

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
It's the only worthwhile option over the OEM PCV.

The best way of routing them is down in to the exhaust tunnel as far as where the main catalytic converter would be - either to the side or just inside the tunnel/heatshielding, which is what I did, along with suitable heatshield tape on the breather pipes. Since doing this I don't smell it at all. When they were simply routed down the 'back of the engine bay' the smell was vile and overpowering, came in through the vents, open windows etc.

And for Rich's question - the pipe from the cam cover gives no residue at all on mine, just gases/pressure. The one from the crank breather does. Not a lot - but enough to make the end of the pipe 'mucky'

Good information, cheers mate

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.