Interior door handle

BF95

Oct 15, 2013
Coventry
Hey guy
Just wondered if anybody had a fault with there interior door handle, when ever I pull mine to exit the car it stop then I have to give it tug to open my door, does anyone know what it could be?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hey guy
Just wondered if anybody had a fault with there interior door handle, when ever I pull mine to exit the car it stop then I have to give it tug to open my door, does anyone know what it could be?

Do you have the auto lock activated ?
With autolock the handle needs a second pull to fully open the door.

BF95

Oct 15, 2013
Coventry
This is when I've pulled my key out the ignition and the auto lock is deactivated, it's quite a hard pull you have to do to get the door open

Bocawata

Dec 26, 2009
Cumbria
My Drivers side handle has gone the same in the last week and I think is because the bottom pivot has worn a little!!! and to rectify the problem I just push the R.H.side of the handle "Inwards" a little and pull the handle as normal.Works so far but this could be a weak point!!!! ,not another!!!!.
Bocawata.

BF95

Oct 15, 2013
Coventry
I found that at the top of the handle where it piverts there's a little plastic bit you can just see, mine had snapped, I went to TPS and bought a new door handle which was £20 and now it's fixed

mynameisluke88

Feb 24, 2016
Sorry to comment on an old thread but I am pretty stuck for answers.... My drivers side door handle has the same issue so I got hold of a new one from Seat.. Looking online I have only found one bit of advice that says the handle is clipped in place only and can be pulled out however, the back of the new handle has screw holes so I don't want to start trying to force the old one out... When you replaced your handle did you do it yourself? If so, is it a door card off job?

Thanks in advance!

BF95

Oct 15, 2013
Coventry
I did remove mine myself, it's not a hard job, you have to remove the arm rest door grab thing undo the to 2 T30 screws and then remove the ones off the bottom of the door card possibly t20s then pull the door card to realise the clips then push up and pull out to remove the door card, then you'll see how it's fitted, but putting the bottom screws back in I personally found to be a pain in the butt but I got there eventually

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.