My 08 Candy White Cupra

Matas

Aug 28, 2014
Leeds
Gosh changing the climate control unit and the head-unit really transforms the interior, it looks absolutely mint, great job!

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Fitted the black coolant caps and red coilpack harness ;)

Engine bay is starting to look better slowly.

Changed my cam follower again over the weekend.Not wornlbut changed it anyway.

Going to a rolling road this Sunday so will be interesting to see where she's at.Being held at Dynodaze next door to R-Tech and the rollers are identical to Niki's in terms of figures.

Cheers

Craig

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Looking good mate

Thanks mate appreciate it :)

Engine bay is looking good mate, thought you had the hpfp guard? Or have you not fit your Loba hpfp yet?

Thanks Kev :)

Yes got the red one mate and was going to fit that and the loba when I did the follower but the pump will be off again when it's at Dynodaze in just over four weeks.So he will just fit the loba back on. Think I'll sell the stock pump then for someone to either replace if they have broken the sensor or wish to fit autotec internals.

Pointless me keeping it and it's in good order done 60k.Not sure what it would be worth though.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Hi All

Went to a rolling road day at Dynodaze on Sunday

Wanted to see where she is at in terms of power since fitting the BCS tbe,Revo intake and the charge pipe+throttle pipe kit.

Very happy with the result she made 333.4bhp/334ftlb :D

Spoke with Niki also as he come down and asked how I want my 2+ map and what I'm looking to achieve.He's getting just as excited as me lol

From the above figures and current hardware/software setup once everything else is fitted she should respond really well to the 2+ map once Niki has finished with it.

Rich is also looking forward to doing my wellycooler install,valve clean,rfd and A/C delete in just over four weeks time.

Also purchased this CTS Turbo heat shield that will sit underneath the Revo intake at the rear.This will help prevent any heat soak and will fit it this week.

All in all I'm pleased with where she is and made up I've got now issues and she's making good figures at stage 1 :p

Doing an oil and filter change this week and have booked for a little something at BCS on the 26th of March

Cheers as always

Craig

Last edited:

JoshCupraR

Nov 6, 2015
Holywell, Flintshire
Nice figures them mate :) bet your well made up and even more excited of what it will do when you go stage 2+, can imagine it will produce a strong and healthy outcome for you!

With the throttle and discharge pipes you have, are they the eBay ones ye? Did you notice much difference after having them installed?

I'm hoping to follow the same path your on in terms of mods as its looking like a really good set up, look forward to seeing your end results ;)

Heat shield will look nice too, thought you might have gone for the twin played R-tech one?

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Nice figures them mate :) bet your well made up and even more excited of what it will do when you go stage 2+, can imagine it will produce a strong and healthy outcome for you!

With the throttle and discharge pipes you have, are they the eBay ones ye? Did you notice much difference after having them installed?

I'm hoping to follow the same path your on in terms of mods as its looking like a really good set up, look forward to seeing your end results ;)

Heat shield will look nice too, thought you might have gone for the twin played R-tech one?

Cheers mate thank you :)

Yes getting excited now I can't wait and with all the hardware I'll be running it should be a strong result.

Yes the charge/throttle pipe kit is the China one and it's exactly the same as the CTS ones just half the price. Just with bolting them on I noticed more pull mid range but once mapped it will pay off loads as it will flow so much better than the stock pipes.

Was going to get the twin plate one but a good friend has decided to get a mk3 Cupra and this was brand new so couldn't resist the offer.

Shammy

Mar 9, 2016
Great figures man! I Still can't believe how easily tuneable these engines are!

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Great figures man! I Still can't believe how easily tuneable these engines are!

Thank you mate :), yes they are much easier to get high power compared to some engines.

Stage1 with a completely stock car less panel filter she made 306.6bhp you have to spend a fortune on some 2.0L motors to break into 300+ horse.

Just read through this entire thread, fantastic work matey, the cars looking brilliant!

Thank you Euan :)

Fair play for taking the time much appreciated.Yes she's changed a lot since purchasing but the list of things I want to do just seems to get longer haha :happy:

Oh well suppose I've got something to show for it rather than wasting money on other things.

Last edited:

Euan1P

Mar 8, 2016
Edinburgh
Thank you mate :), yes they are much easier to get high power compared to some engines.

Stage1 with a completely stock car less panel filter she made 306.6bhp you have to spend a fortune on some 2.0L motors to break into 300+ horse.

Thank you Euan :)

Fair play for taking the time much appreciated.Yes she's changed a lot since purchasing but the list of things I want to do just seems to get longer haha :happy:

Oh well suppose I've got something to show for it rather than wasting money on other things.

No worries mate, it's been a good read and given me an idea or two.

I know what you are saying about it being easy to get these cars up to high power, My Audi A4 TFSI would cost a hell of a lot more to get up to 300+ bhp, Stage 2+ only took me up to 280ish bhp, at least with the Cupra also being a TFSI I can transfer the Loba HPFP over to the Cupra :D

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
No worries mate, it's been a good read and given me an idea or two.

I know what you are saying about it being easy to get these cars up to high power, My Audi A4 TFSI would cost a hell of a lot more to get up to 300+ bhp, Stage 2+ only took me up to 280ish bhp, at least with the Cupra also being a TFSI I can transfer the Loba HPFP over to the Cupra :D

It's strange how the different variants differ so much in power gains, although the K04-064 turbo in these are a very capable unit. like you say least you've been able to swap the hardware over mate :p

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Hi All, Bit of an update on the Cupra :)

Did an oil and filter change the other week as it's been 5k since the last one

Gave the exhaust tip a clean as I'd not done it for a few weeks properly and was looking dirty after the drive down to Dynodaze through snow

As she's going stage 2+ in just over a week I decided to get a stud conversion kit. This is because I will be taking the hpfp off more frequently to change the cam follower at a maximum of every 5k.

This is what it will look like once fitted. It will ensure the threads in the head don't wear over time.

Purchased this new trolley Jack and stands and I'm happy with them they are great

Had two new Goodyear eagle F1's asymmetric 2's fitted to the fronts as my others had done 20k and were getting ready to be changed.

Finally got some wheel spacers. They are H&R's and 10mm for front 12mm on the rear

Very happy with the look it's much better now and the wheels are sitting perfect

Also had a Return trip here :p

This wasn't because I had any problems as the system has been spot on with no issues. The reason was to have the front silencer removed and swapped for a straight through as I wanted more noise.

Before:

Comparison:

Fitted:

The result is epic and the sound is now apocalyptic lol. I'll get a video uploaded soon so you can judge for yourselves but it's truly awesome.

By the time she's got the 2+ file with hardcut limiter wrote into it she will be unbelievable.

As always cheers all

Craig

Last edited:

kiemcd

Mar 12, 2016
Very nice bet it sounds meaty with the non res pipe fitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
She's looking good as always Craig. Coming on nicely

Thank you mate :)

Looks great Craig! Spacers make a big difference, need some 10mm ones for the front of mine.

How much was the jack?

Cheers Dan :)

The Jack was £115 Delivered from powertoolsdirect for what it is that's a great price.

Very nice bet it sounds meaty with the non res pipe fitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you buddy :)

Yes removing the silencer has made a huge difference but in a good way.