Ideal accessories?

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Hi everyone.
Looking into upgrading to a used mk3 fr. Looking at a 2.0tdi 150 technology with 18inch alloys, seat sound and convenience pack.
What does the convenience pack consist of?
And also..
Just wondered what accessories people would class as ideal or necessary? If any?
Having a mk2 at the moment I bought the armrest straight away etc.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
Hi everyone.
Looking into upgrading to a used mk3 fr. Looking at a 2.0tdi 150 technology with 18inch alloys, seat sound and convenience pack.
What does the convenience pack consist of?
And also..
Just wondered what accessories people would class as ideal or necessary? If any?
Having a mk2 at the moment I bought the armrest straight away etc.

Convenience pack - auto lights, auto wipers, auto dimming rear view mirror, interior LEDs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Convenience pack - auto lights, auto wipers, auto dimming rear view mirror, interior LEDs

Thanks for the info..
It also has headlight washer jets so is this part of a different pack?

Cnm

Mar 1, 2016
Convenience pack is auto lights, auto dimming rear view mirror and something else

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
Think that's winter pack maybe? Need to check on builder. By accessories do you mean factory fit or post purchase? I've got a few recommendations.

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Think that's winter pack maybe? Need to check on builder. By accessories do you mean factory fit or post purchase? I've got a few recommendations.

Post purchase. The car is used so just looking at simple accessory changes.

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
The convenience pack is pretty good as it gave me stuff that is standard on our Grand CMax Titanium, and would have missed.

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
The convenience pack is pretty good as it gave me stuff that is standard on our Grand CMax Titanium, and would have missed.

Yeh.. I have the convenience pack on my mk2. Nearly purchased a mk3 without it but I think I would have missed it.

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
Mats if you don't get them with car. Carmats4u I got the £25 option which allows tailored colours, would go for plusher £35 ones if buying again though. I also got rubber boot liner from them (check my posts for photos). Mud flaps (expensive and grudged) but bought genuine ones which are going just now on eBay for £70 set - sit down and I'll tell you dealer price. There are rally flapz (3rd party) if you want flaps to the max, but I think the discrete look of the OEMs is better. I bought roof bars and am sorting out a towbar but that's more about my lifestyle than necessaries. You should get lock nuts for the wheels but if not I know where to get genuine set for £20. Oh, and you could chip it for £399 and up the performance but not a path for me.

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
Mats if you don't get them with car. Carmats4u I got the £25 option which allows tailored colours, would go for plusher £35 ones if buying again though. I also got rubber boot liner from them (check my posts for photos). Mud flaps (expensive and grudged) but bought genuine ones which are going just now on eBay for £70 set - sit down and I'll tell you dealer price. There are rally flapz (3rd party) if you want flaps to the max, but I think the discrete look of the OEMs is better. I bought roof bars and am sorting out a towbar but that's more about my lifestyle than necessaries. You should get lock nuts for the wheels but if not I know where to get genuine set for £20. Oh, and you could chip it for £399 and up the performance but not a path for me.

Dealer said would provide mats.. I'll be knicking them out one in the showroom of they don't lol.
I have a set of roof bars from a family members precious leon so saved some pennies there.
Never had mudflaps on any car so unsure if can justify the cost lol.
I have 2 sets of lockers in my wheels at moment. So will be keeping one set ;-)
Will check the website for the boot tray, is it a good fit? Will try look through your posts.

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
Dealer said would provide mats.. I'll be knicking them out one in the showroom of they don't lol.
I have a set of roof bars from a family members precious leon so saved some pennies there.
Never had mudflaps on any car so unsure if can justify the cost lol.
I have 2 sets of lockers in my wheels at moment. So will be keeping one set ;-)
Will check the website for the boot tray, is it a good fit? Will try look through your posts.

Perfect fit.
acd0b59662fffbee0348086eed79e067.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
Convenience pack is auto lights, auto wipers and auto dimming rear view mirror but not internal LEDs.
If it has headlight washers then that's the winter pack which includes a larger washer bottle (stops you getting at the n/s fog bulb without removing the whole bloody bumper), heated windscreen washer nozzles, and heated seats (most excellent!).
Well that's how mine is anyway, but things have a habit of changing....

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
Convenience pack is auto lights, auto wipers and auto dimming rear view mirror but not internal LEDs.
If it has headlight washers then that's the winter pack which includes a larger washer bottle (stops you getting at the n/s fog bulb without removing the whole bloody bumper), heated windscreen washer nozzles, and heated seats (most excellent!).
Well that's how mine is anyway, but things have a habit of changing....

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

Current convenience pack...

"What could be more convenient than rain-sensing wipers, an auto-dimming rear-view mirror and auto-headlights (with automatic coming and leaving home function). And to top it off we’ve included footwell, boot and vanity mirror lights with LED interior front and rear courtesy lights to keep things illuminated at all times."

As I said to the OP use current spec as a guide but have seller confirm.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Model year 16 onwrds got the LEDs as part of the convenience pack. So used cars at the moment are unlikely to have them unless spec'd

Also very early Leon's (let's call them MY13) which had the front led headlamps got washers too. These were deleted from MY14 onwards. Presumably due to cost. So you may see some on the market with headlamp washers but no winter pack. Suspect they are not that many.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Model year 16 onwrds got the LEDs as part of the convenience pack. So used cars at the moment are unlikely to have them unless spec'd

Also very early Leon's (let's call them MY13) which had the front led headlamps got washers too. These were deleted from MY14 onwards. Presumably due to cost. So you may see some on the market with headlamp washers but no winter pack. Suspect they are not that many.

This is correct, what age is the car?