Garret GT1749VB turbo for ARL engine

pillgrim1

Nov 7, 2009
Hi guys
Does anyone know if my Leon 150 ARL tdi turbo (Garret GT1749 VB) comes with an integrated manifold
If so is it a bugger to get it off
Cheers

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Yes integrated to manifold, not the worst thing to get off, take the inlet manifold off ( 6 hex cap bolts ) then, you can get to everything to take the turbo off, except for the 22mm nut for the oil drain and the bottom 13mm downpipe nut. Those two would need to be done from underneath, aswell as unclicking the boost piping.

Last edited:

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Seems a little steep to me, took one off in 40 minutes last weekend and back on in about an hour..

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Haha. I'd say 4 hours would be reasonable start to finish, allowing for any pain in the ass bolts and things like that. But I'd imagine the garages 6hrs is what's shown on the system.

ferriss1

Feb 8, 2016
leicestershire
sorry this might be off the track but for some reason i cant start a thread so im asking you guys for info.........will a ko3s off a auq golf anni fit on my auq seat leon cupra? iv got excessive play in mine and want to replace it but unsure whether the 1 im looking at will fit straight on??????? i would think it would but need confo before buying..........thanks in advance for any reply

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
sorry this might be off the track but for some reason i cant start a thread so im asking you guys for info.........will a ko3s off a auq golf anni fit on my auq seat leon cupra? iv got excessive play in mine and want to replace it but unsure whether the 1 im looking at will fit straight on??????? i would think it would but need confo before buying..........thanks in advance for any reply

It should do but if you can get the part number or type number from yours then it would make it easier for ordering

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.