Head Up Displays

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Think he means the ones that sort of project your speed,revs,gear etc onto your windscreen so you dont have to glance down at your instrument panel. They are on some of the high end beemers and a few other cars.

antnee

Yeah, speed and other info is projected onto the windscreen, so you can keep your eyes on the bends!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
my sequential led shift light reflects off the screen is as far as i have got so far

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
'audible overspeed warning can be set to remind you when you exceed the speed limit.'

Flapper you may as well have an audio cd on loop with this on it!

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Flapper you may as well have an audio cd on loop with this on it!

already have a live built in verbal rev counter - my mrs in the passenger seat (for example)

1000------------2000----------3000----------4000---------5000----------6000--------7000
---------------- 'oooh noo i doont like going fasssst

by the time i hit 4500 she's crawling up the seat towards the headlining

took her out in a hotrod once, by the time the auto box changed to 2nd she was screaming like a banshee :lol:

daz_cymru

Leon Divotee
Jul 13, 2008
north wales
defi make one of these but there is a frame which spoils it.....i saw an episode of 5th gear once where they made a diy one that worked well !

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i have a couple of scrap astra GTE lcd displays might be useful if a little bulky

runs similar signals speedwise off the gearbox sensor so easily adapted i would think

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Old thread i know, but i searched so il resurrect it!! There are some HUD apps for the iphone that work quite well to be fair and look really good! However the iphone needs to be physically on the dash so that the projected image is as low as possible, so just wondering if anyone uses this and has a solution?

Maybe one of those grippy mats? or velcro!?

Jimski

JB!

Toight loike a Toiger
Old thread i know, but i searched so il resurrect it!! There are some HUD apps for the iphone that work quite well to be fair and look really good! However the iphone needs to be physically on the dash so that the projected image is as low as possible, so just wondering if anyone uses this and has a solution?

Jimski

industrial velcro?

the diagnostics app looks sweet too!

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
how about one of those sleeve things (kids have em) with velcro stuck on rear

easy to swap iphone in/out

Rach

Feb 19, 2016
surrey

Jimski

Did you ever try one of these apps? I'm looking for a HUD and wondered how well they work with the accuracy of speed displayed. There is a Garmin HUD used with an app and shows speed cameras etc.

Anything to help keep points down.

Alternatively does anyone know where I can get a proper 'in car' one or are they only a factory extra?

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Hey!

I had a play about with a couple, but couldn't get the angle of the dangle right to get a clear picture.

Sorry I can't help any more!

J

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members