Mud Flaps

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Got mine 2nd December, I've only done about 1400 miles! Had dealer fitted mud flaps as I didn't fancy fitting them myself in the winter weather plus I'm getting on a bit now! Fitted some to my previous car MK6 Golf and they were very good but the ones on my Leon don't seem to be as effective probably because they are smaller, I think.

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
Try Performance Creations, I have them on my FR.

Had a look at them, but they have that "boy racer", "look at me" look about them. I prefer the understated look of the OEMs on this one. And when they are the same price as you can get the OEMs it's a bit of a no brainer.

They'd look good on a rally car though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
7742db17f2aeddca6dbfa00131e004e7.jpg

Here she is (she's been called Mathilda, apparently) with mudflaps on. Very understated, just hope they do the job because there's little of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mx5

Apr 26, 2014
Ireland
Got mine 2nd December, I've only done about 1400 miles! Had dealer fitted mud flaps as I didn't fancy fitting them myself in the winter weather plus I'm getting on a bit now! Fitted some to my previous car MK6 Golf and they were very good but the ones on my Leon don't seem to be as effective probably because they are smaller, I think.

I agree, I put 4 on mine as Irish roads are filthy. They are a bit too small to be effective.

G17RY

Feb 10, 2016
Dunfermline, Scotland
Do they fit on with skirts fitted?

If you have additional skirts fitted then I think front ones may foul. There is a lip of about 1cm which goes to outer side of arch - it depends how far the skirts reach, or possibly it may tuck between the join?

If you don't have any additional stuff on rear then they'll be okay.

Hopefully someone who has added skirts will have the answer (are they factory/dealer fit or third party?)

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
For anyone with an FR ST, Dave at Sere is doing rears for £46 (and some pence but I can't remember how many!) including postage.
He's also a top chap!

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

R22 JGB

SEAT Leon FR184 DSG
Aug 29, 2010
Gateshead
Is there nowhere on the continent sells flaps at a realistic price?
I bought a Genuine Skoda set front & rear for 39 euros including p&p from Superskoda for my previous Skoda Octavia.

R22 JGB

SEAT Leon FR184 DSG
Aug 29, 2010
Gateshead
Has anyone tried these?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111669765182?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I fitted a set similar to these to my Leon FR170DSG about 4 years ago & they were a good fit. I would be interested in any comments re these on a Mk3 Leon.
The SEAT Ones are a silly price! I bought original Skoda flaps for my previous Octavia Scout, got them from Superskoda for 39euros, but found the were not very practical, mud spatters still appeared on the sides of the car

R22 JGB

SEAT Leon FR184 DSG
Aug 29, 2010
Gateshead
Has anyone tried these?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111669765182?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I fitted a set similar to these to my Leon FR170DSG about 4 years ago & they were a good fit. I would be interested in any comments re these on a Mk3 Leon.
The SEAT Ones are a silly price! I bought original Skoda flaps for my previous Octavia Scout, got them from Superskoda for 39euros, but found the were not very practical, mud spatters still appeared on the sides of the car

Ordered these, they have arrived, they are a bit softer than expected. They fit the front fine but are not so good at the rear, they are not quite high enough or wide enough so the rear wheel arch will still get covered in crud.

Bhoopoo

Aug 14, 2008
Surrey
mudflaps

Ordered these, they have arrived, they are a bit softer than expected. They fit the front fine but are not so good at the rear, they are not quite high enough or wide enough so the rear wheel arch will still get covered in crud.

Problem with these is that they are rigid plastic, when you go over speed bumps or kerbs they will also take your bodywork with them! I have flexible plastic ones on my FR, not everyones choice I agree, but totally flexible and wide and deep, also available with logos on them. Performance Creations.

R22 JGB

SEAT Leon FR184 DSG
Aug 29, 2010
Gateshead
Problem with these is that they are rigid plastic, when you go over speed bumps or kerbs they will also take your bodywork with them! I have flexible plastic ones on my FR, not everyones choice I agree, but totally flexible and wide and deep, also available with logos on them. Performance Creations.

I think you may have misread my post, I said these mudflaps are much softer than I expected. There is no chance of sleeping policemen causing damage to these flaps/bodywork.

Bhoopoo

Aug 14, 2008
Surrey
With respect R22 JGB Did not misread your post only making a valid comment that the flexible plastic ones that I have on my FR are totally flexible either available in 3mm or 4mm thick polyurethane from the supplier, also deeper and wider than yours. With logos on them. Matter of personal choice.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.