Insurance increases

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Insurance companies try their chances as they know most people are lazy and cant be bothered shopping around.

My renewal last year was around £300 more than the year before... rang them and said not paying that and they offered it me for £4 more than the previous year. I then rang a few competitors and got it around £100 cheaper than the previous year.

Motorcycle insurance is exactly the same.

eande2

Sep 28, 2009
Just being doing my renewal: for the first time ever can't beat my renewal quote - Axa - it seems like they're one of the few that don't bump in up at renewal.

Last edited:

shaun-the-sheep

Oct 21, 2008
Sevenoaks
Last Friday spoke to Adrian Flux (current insurer) to change insurance from my SuperCopa diesel to my new Cupra 290 picking up on Sunday and the quote went up to £590pa. Shocked by steep increase given my clean NCB and driving record so yesterday did some hunting round. Reduced it to £210 with Aviva. Told Adrian Flux where to go. They couldn't find the 290 Cupra on their database and said they couldn't get anywhere near Aviva. Axa came in at £350. But I won't be using Aviva Drive app!!

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
I will see how Admiral quote me for renewal this year. I have business insurance cover for my work use and high mileage and this costs me 600 quid a year with 4 years protected no-claims.

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
I will see how Admiral quote me for renewal this year. I have business insurance cover for my work use and high mileage and this costs me 600 quid a year with 4 years protected no-claims.

Admiral do my nut in every year - they always jack up my premium by 100 or 200 quid. I check one of their sister sites (like Diamond) - come back and say I've seen it cheaper there - they say 'hang on whilst I log into the other system - oh yeah, we can see it, let me match it'. Basically a silly dance. That said - even their sister sites just weren't competitive this year. Went with Chris Knott - had a delightful experience actually setting up the policy - totally painless, they called back when they said they would, checked things and gave me proper answers - would recommend them on that basis, but never needed to make a claim so can't comment on that side of matters.

dids

Apr 5, 2015
Stockport
If you are going with Aviva quidco are doing £50 cash on car insurance,may be worth thinking about !

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members