VW massaging emission figures

Cornishgreg

Feb 13, 2014
Reading on Auto Express, it seems VW have confirmed the fixes (software only or software & hardware) will not effect the user experience in terms of performance and economy.

They have also stated there will be a compensation package for owners to make up for drops in residuals etc. It seems this will come later in 2016 once the external auditors have completed their work.

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
Sounds promising Greg. Maybe with advances in tech they are able to get the car to perform the same with the mesh in the intake and a bit of software, we'll see! The mesh looks like it will enable the air mass meter make more accurate readings so that's got to be better all round for efficiency, but I guess with it's current free rein approach there must be scenario's where ambient temp allows more air and fuel in under some circumstances.

Would be intersted to see if the latest 2.0tdi has this sort of set up and whether other manufactuers focus on the instake area to improve emissions/performance balance too.

But a bit of compensation wouldn't go amiss of course :D

Last edited:

richdot

Mar 5, 2015
Got my letter today telling what's going to be happening

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

richdot

Mar 5, 2015
Yep. Got the letter too. Don't tell you what the effects are though...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Yeah it also says it can't guarantee any drop it fuel or performance.... I don't think I'm even going to bother taking my back I might just sit tight to see what others report.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
Copy and paste the title that comes up into google and then you can access the article. I get a pop up blocking me via the link above.

"European Commission to pursue VW over EU consumer compensation"

Basically EC aren't happy that VW are treating customers in America differently(more favorably) than those in the EU.

cbates1990

May 3, 2010
That's what it's like in America, when things go wrong sue them.

I've always said from day one, if my car is affected then as long as they pay to get the car sorted I don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irvtheswerv

Dec 15, 2015
Anyone heard anything recently? I'd a letter months ago when this thread started, heard nothing since.

julianat57

Jun 19, 2010
Stafford
Mine's booked in for service on 1st April, wonder if mine will get updated :S

Hi, just had my 2010 143 SE ST serviced at Stoke Seat and their words were that the software has not been released yet. I am glad it wasn't done as I would rather wait and see what the professional testers think of the modification when it does get released....Julian

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.