LCR recommended discs and pads

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Morning guys, sorry I realise this has been asked before but I can't for the life of me find the thread... Could someone nicely tell me with a budget of £200-300 what are the best combination of discs and pads for the front of my LCR? I hear ds2500 are rated on here but what about discs? Standard discs are about £190 from sere... How about the aftermarket discs? Mintex, EBC etc.

Thanks in advance!!

Ps I tried to search but it came up with an error?

monk3y303

Jun 16, 2014
bradford
Im using mtec dimpled and groved disks think was 160 for front and rear.. And using standard pads bought from opei oils.. Matching natch numbers to make sure there genuine.. And stopping power is fine.. Might be worth while upgrading ur fluid to a race type fluid

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Already running I think motul rbf600... Might change it out at the same time for some fresh stuff... Mtec I might have to have a look... It's not that I'm trying to cheap out on them I'm just seeing what is best for the same sort of price... Cheers

monk3y303

Jun 16, 2014
bradford
Thats what set up I have and im running 340bhp.. Its not the best obviously but withing that price range its good if you want decent ur guna have to folk out 500+ quid.. Does the job for me

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Nahhh I don't need over the top decent just don't want crap that's all... I guess anything is gonna be better than the dead pads and discs I'm running now :) I'll check out Mtec thanks! Also what's the noise like on them? I heard it can be a little annoying grooved discs?

monk3y303

Jun 16, 2014
bradford
Noise is minimal.. Its more aboit the pads tbf disk os a disk itsthe pada that stop you. Try get genuine brembo from.opei oils.. Or go for a really good pad. Ive heard ds2500 arnt all that thers conflicting reviews.. Suppose nit much better then brembo and brembo are 35quid

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Right well... I think that's solved that problem then... Sorry to be a pain but do you have a link to genuine pads? Don't wanna get stung with shady ones... I saw a whole setup on eBay for £149.99 the dimpled grooved and come with "brembo" pads... Mtec... They're black... Kinda like them

monk3y303

Jun 16, 2014
bradford
Sorry mate cant fons them Google opie oils and look throu there website.. Get the paet number and then put that into eBay might be slightly cheaper make sure the seller is opei oils tho

Shammy

Mar 9, 2016
I've got EBC black grooved discs with ferodo ds2500, the combo seems to work well.

Thats with Leon Cupra R Brembos on a mk4 golf R32 engine conversion! :)

Last edited:

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
I'm using mtec duscs on my LCR too. I normally use ebc red stuff pads as they are very low dust but they are expensive for the LCR so I bought black diamond predator as they are low dust too and only cost about £50.

irf

Feb 5, 2014
https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/301277270903 Anyone had any experience with these? I'm a little wary with the price being decent so I don't know what to do :( it's not something I wanna throw £300 at and find they're crap... Cheers :)

For that kind of money why not just get proper OEM stuff from sere motors? Think they're still doing the brembo discs for about £190 and pads for about £70 odd. Spend a little more and you can get ds2500s. Personally don't trust a lot of companies selling "uprated" stuff. A lot are pants.

mattyholmz89

Feb 8, 2011
Huddersfield
Got a quote from sere... £185 front £73 rear (rear come with pads) front pads £119 total of nearly £400... That's why I'm looking at aftermarket options... I'm not doubting Dave at sere he's a top guy but I can't justify nearly £400 :( plus I like the look of black discs...

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
Carpartsforless have pagid frobt discs for £69 each if you wanted standard looking discs. Oem seem very expensive.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members