Remap on 184 FR due service.

scParker

Mar 17, 2015
was wondering if anyone has had a map on the leon and took it in for a service and if seat has found out when doing the diagnostics? just thought id ask. not the dtuk tuning box , a remap by the obd port.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
was wondering if anyone has had a map on the leon and took it in for a service and if seat has found out when doing the diagnostics? just thought id ask. not the dtuk tuning box , a remap by the obd port.

Not completely related but my mate had an Ibiza FR 1.9 PD remapped back in 2007 and on his first service SEAT told him they had found the map and his engine warranty including turbo was logged with SEAT as void there and then. His turbo went in 2009 and low and behold, SEAT refused to pay out. Food for thought.

scParker

Mar 17, 2015
Not completely related but my mate had an Ibiza FR 1.9 PD remapped back in 2007 and on his first service SEAT told him they had found the map and his engine warranty including turbo was logged with SEAT as void there and then. His turbo went in 2009 and low and behold, SEAT refused to pay out. Food for thought.

yeh thats just made my mind up! haha I'm getting the chap to take the map of when i take it in for the service then hopefully it won't show in theory.

concerned cat

Nov 30, 2014
Huddersfield UK

Jack, this is reason for employing a "piggy back" chip that can be removed when the car goes for a service.

murcutt

Feb 12, 2014
My understanding is that even if you have it removed it will still show as the way they tell is not by looking at the map, but looking at a count of how many times the ECU has been flashed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
^^^^^^^ What Murcutt said is the case. There are flash counters on the ECU apparently and even when removed they detect that the software has been tampered with.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Nothing to do with flash counters anymore, tuners have had the ability to reset them for a long time.
It's a string of code that is altered when the files are adjusted and it cannot be returned to its original state.
When a scan is carried out this coding is checked and if it doesn't match the original then there is evidence that software manipulation has occurred and you end up with TD1 status against the car.
This is not something that is done or viewed by the technician or dealer is the manufacturer when the info is sent online.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Basically mate get the remap removed when you take it in for a service; they won't find it if they aren't looking for it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.