Central locking/rear passenger door

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Had this car for over 2 years and had absolutely no bother with it, until recently!!

The rear drivers side door is being a pain in the arse. For a week or so it wouldn't lock if I tried to shut it from the outside and then it started working again all of a sudden

And then this week it's being a pain in the arse to engage the central locking. The rest of the car is locked but I can still open the driver side rear door!!

Anyone had a similar issue? Going to check the lock itself tomorrow when it's light.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
How's things Richie?
I've got an issue with my rear passenger side door, it wouldnt open when unlocked from the outside, it has to be opened from the inside. Very rare the rear doors get used on my car so I'm in no rush to sort it at the moment.
I found out there was a problem with a fault scan, can't remember the code. I found a few threads of people having problems with the rear door locks, seems to be a bit of a problem. To sort it people were just buying new locks or second hand from salvage yards (but you could end up with the same problem again second hand).

Jaruba

Jun 18, 2014
Finland
Same problem here! Car is left hand drive and rear passenger door wont work properly. Locking mechanism gives bad sound when using central locking but this happens only when temperature is below 0 celcius.
VCDS gave codes about alarm system and central locking

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise