Leon 2017 model year specifications?

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
Does anyone know when the SEAT Leon 2017 model year specifications and prices are likely to be announced, and whether these will include the mid-life facelift?

DANFR180

Feb 8, 2016
when I ordered mine end of January the dealer said there would be no significant changes for MY17 but I suppose he would say that! although I would have still ordered anyway

how are you finding the 1.8TSI ?

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
We know new model years start production from week 22 onwards. Details usually emerge around April time.

Facelift is coming but unsure if it'll be for MY17 or during it.

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
when I ordered mine end of January the dealer said there would be no significant changes for MY17 but I suppose he would say that! although I would have still ordered anyway

how are you finding the 1.8TSI ?

The 1.8TSi petrol DSG Leon FR is by far the best car I've driven. When I replace it, I will almost certainly get another Leon with this engine/gearbox combination or nearest available equivalent. I find that the 1.8TSi engine has all the power I need for every type of driving and road condition and is an almost perfect match for the DSG gearbox.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
The 1.8TSi petrol DSG Leon FR is by far the best car I've driven. When I replace it, I will almost certainly get another Leon with this engine/gearbox combination or nearest available equivalent. I find that the 1.8TSi engine has all the power I need for every type of driving and road condition and is an almost perfect match for the DSG gearbox.

The current 1.8 TSI will be dropped as its unlikely to meet the new EU emissions regulations that are coming soon. Presumably it will be replaced with the new 1.5 TSI.

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
I can't imagine we'll see the 1.5 until the facelift model is announced (probably at the end of this year).

If anything, we'll see a tweaked 1.8 if necessary, but it will be fundamentally the same.

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
I can't imagine we'll see the 1.5 until the facelift model is announced (probably at the end of this year).

If anything, we'll see a tweaked 1.8 if necessary, but it will be fundamentally the same.

I heard rumours the 1.8 will be getting the ACT stuff.

I recon in typical Seat fasion it will get a slight exterior change and some updates internally etc. Nothing to drastic.

DANFR180

Feb 8, 2016
the 1.5TSI is to replace the current 1.4TSI and will be active cylinder, I think the 1.8TSI will become active cylinder to meet regulations or may even be scrapped as there wil alsol be a 1.0TSI eco engine and the 2.0 for performance models

shadak

Feb 13, 2014

Agreed, I love my 2014 1.8TSi DSG and its the most fun car Ive had so far but decided to swap for 290 this year, especially when I heard the new exhaust.

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
The current 1.8 TSI will be dropped as its unlikely to meet the new EU emissions regulations that are coming soon. Presumably it will be replaced with the new 1.5 TSI.

I also love my 1.8 tsi which is almost 3 years old now. I got one of the very first in the UK at the end of May 2013. I have the manual version but was thinking of changing to the DSG version when I next change my car. I normally change my car every 3 years but as I'm enjoying my current 1.8 tsi so much I have been considering keeping it beyond the 3 years. However, now I hear that there is a possibility of the 1.8 being phased out I wonder if thats the best decision. I wouldn't want to move up to the Cupra but don't want anything less fun to drive than the 1.8 tsi.

shadak

Feb 13, 2014
What would be the reason not to go for CUPRA If I may ask? My 1.8 DSG can have really good economy with the coasting etc but thats probly the only reason I can think of :)

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
What would be the reason not to go for CUPRA If I may ask? My 1.8 DSG can have really good economy with the coasting etc but thats probly the only reason I can think of :)

I prefer to drive a car that's slightly understated regarding its performance etc. Although I live in a small village I do on occasions have to park in a rather dodgy inner city area in th evenings and I feel more at ease doing this with a slightly less obviously sporty looking car. Perhaps sounds a bit silly but what's the point in having a car that I would be worried about leaving in such an area at night. I've always wanted a Golf Gti but that's one of the reasons why I am now on my 3rd Leon FR. It's probably just a result of having a previous car stolen, even if it was about 20 years ago.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
The Cupra is not a lot different than the FR from the outside, in fact that is why a lot of folk don't like it as it does not stand out from the crowd. Debadge it and it would be noticed no more than the FR.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.