Cupra 280 Neuspeed Bush Insert review

milnei

Jun 26, 2015
Brackley, Northamptonshire
Just a brief :clap: for the NeuSpeed Bush insert for the Cupra 280.

My 280 suffered from horrendous wheel hop under hard acceleration. Maybe it's the worn original Bridgestones but I just couldn't stand it anymore, so I stumped up the cash and ordered the NeuSpeed Torque Arm Bush Insert from Awesome GTi.

Part arrived very quickly and was extremely easy to fit. In fact it took longer to get the car on my ramps than it did to fit the insert.

The tightening torque is quoted at 100Nm plus 1/4 turn, but all I could manage was an 1/8 turn after 100Nm was applied.

Anyway, started the car and you could feel the engine vibration very slightly as it fired up, but not unpleasantly.

Then reversed off my drive, it's slightly uphill and there was noticeable noise and vibration, again not too unpleasant, but some may complain.

However, the wheel hop has completely gone. I even tried the launch control (which I hadn't dared to do for fear of breaking something in the suspension with the excessive wheel hop) and not a hint of hop (just an extra mm off those nasty Bridgestones and two black lines :D )

There's no difference to NVH when driving forwards, apart from very low speeds, and it's a welcome bit of grumble which makes the car feel a bit more alive.

So, in summary, best £60 odd I've spent on the car (after P&P) and well chuffed.

If you're tired of the wheel hop, go get one of these inserts, you won't regret it!

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Just a brief :clap: for the NeuSpeed Bush insert for the Cupra 280.

My 280 suffered from horrendous wheel hop under hard acceleration. Maybe it's the worn original Bridgestones but I just couldn't stand it anymore, so I stumped up the cash and ordered the NeuSpeed Torque Arm Bush Insert from Awesome GTi.

Part arrived very quickly and was extremely easy to fit. In fact it took longer to get the car on my ramps than it did to fit the insert.

The tightening torque is quoted at 100Nm plus 1/4 turn, but all I could manage was an 1/8 turn after 100Nm was applied.

Anyway, started the car and you could feel the engine vibration very slightly as it fired up, but not unpleasantly.

Then reversed off my drive, it's slightly uphill and there was noticeable noise and vibration, again not too unpleasant, but some may complain.

However, the wheel hop has completely gone. I even tried the launch control (which I hadn't dared to do for fear of breaking something in the suspension with the excessive wheel hop) and not a hint of hop (just an extra mm off those nasty Bridgestones and two black lines :D )

There's no difference to NVH when driving forwards, apart from very low speeds, and it's a welcome bit of grumble which makes the car feel a bit more alive.

So, in summary, best £60 odd I've spent on the car (after P&P) and well chuffed.

If you're tired of the wheel hop, go get one of these inserts, you won't regret it!

Can you differentiate between wheel hop and wheel spin for me please? Accelerating from low speeds in mine will result in wheel spin and a thudding coming into the cabin, is that wheel hop?

Omodhos

May 29, 2015
Sheffield
That is wheel hop,I fitted one of these it's the best mod you can find at £60

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

milnei

Jun 26, 2015
I also had this done the insert it lasts for about a month then becomes soft itself you are better off ordering the following 034 Motorsport solid insert and you will notice the difference the poy bushes are ok but wont give you the same performance of the solid version. And also cheaper and its not noisy.

http://www.awesomegti.com/brand/034...ort-billet-aluminium-mqb-dogbone-mount-insert

Ah, I hadn't seen that. I would have probably gone with that....

Well, I'll see how mine goes, but thanks for the info and link.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Hi mate,

Can you describe the extra vibration for me? I am interested in the insert, however not at the expense of refinement (I know it's a trade off, but still).

Also, did you fit this yourself?

Any chance you are visiting West Yorkshire anytime soon? I'd like to experience it.

milnei

Jun 26, 2015
West Yorkshire's a bit of a trek for me LOL, but I am near Skegness this weekend.

The vibration isn't there at anything over a crawl going forwards, even then it's hardly noticable. The only 'obvious' effect is in reverse when it's a little boomy and slightly juddery (with the DSG gearbox) and only when under load.

I have a low tolerance to NVH problems, I hate things rattling or annoying noises. For example I'd love a more sporty exhaust note but even if I could afford a performance exhaust, I'd worry about the trade-off with refinement. But I have no issues with the insert at all.

JF77

Oct 28, 2003
Derby
Visit site
Could do with one these before I visit Santa Pod - the axle tramp is really annoying!

Without crawling under the car which version do i need?

milnei

Jun 26, 2015
Serious suggestion, try taping your phone onto the end of a piece of wood, and start a video recording, then slowly wave your phone around under the car, roughly in the middle behind the front wheels and then look at the footage......

Sounds like a VIZ 'Top Tip' but it actually might work.....

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I had full engine mounts fitted to my MK2 PD170 and MK2 LCR made a massive difference. Need to get round to this on the MK3.

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
Replaced the shitty bridgestones with goodyear eagle f1's when they wore down.. wheelhop completely gone. was considering doing this 'mod' but thought i'd see what happens when replacing the tyres first since that is something which had to be done anyway. didn't much fancy the extra vibrations which the mod causes as i do like the fact i can go from silky smooth 'comfort' mode to 'cupra' mode :)

Last edited:

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
I had full engine mounts fitted to my MK2 PD170 and MK2 LCR made a massive difference. Need to get round to this on the MK3.

I can greatly recommend the superpro kit for the mqb, no vibration, great sounding engine whine thanks to the extra tightness and no engine rock either!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.