6L Cupra PD160 Going Hybrid

bobby_london

Jan 18, 2016
Feeling this Build a lot! That a hell of a find for that money as she looks to be in real good shape

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
That's bad luck finding more problems just as you get a nice new shiny turbo to go in! I've often had the same with my own car, at least once it's all sorted you'll have piece of mind! I absolutely love the valve cover, it's seriously cool! How did you find the profidiesel exhaust in terms of fitment. I'm looking at getting one for my 1M Toledo.

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
Do you need to swap back to the standard exhaust system or can you pass as is? I only ask as I recently heard it's now a visual check. Here in Ireland we have NCT (National Car Test) which pretty much follows everything the MOT so any changes will most likely be implemented here and as it stands it's not part of the test here.

On another note, the Xman hybrid turbos are fantastic! A mate of mine recently installed a Garrett VC hybrid on his 8P A3 which I mapped in for him. Excellent spool time with a very consistent pressure and air flow, I was very impressed by it!

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
3500rpm is very late! The torque band in a diesel is roughly 2200-3500rpm so your not getting any of that. With the standard dmf if you limit the torque below 2500 it shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
It's great that they did map it like that for you though. Shows they actually car about your car, a lot wouldn't do that and just let you risk destroying the flywheel. 27psi is a nice bit! You'll be aiming for about 200hp so?

Last edited:

d.mccarthy16

Aug 3, 2014
Can't beat the popcorn limiter! I do remapping in my spare time on vag diesels and everyone always gets me to put it in, it's a sure favourite! I can't do it to my own car cause it's VP, I'd nearly buy a PD just for it.