Roof Spoiler

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
1cb048de.jpg

Is that a vinyl wrap?

I'm getting my roof done gloss black when funds permit, but also having the spoiler gloss black and the section of the boot inbetween the spoiler and roof done as well, seen this before I think it looks great having the full lenght of the top of the car in gloss black

Just trying to decide if I get the whole spolier black oir just the top :think:

BTW you dont have a built thread? Loving the brakes discs and calipers, and splitter. It's a similar style to how I'm hoping to have my car so it'd be interesting to see what you used

Last edited:

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
Its painted mate, made it a bit more tricky doing the full length and I didnt want a 'lip' where the black paint was so opted for just the roof skin ;)

Looks great, do you think a vinyl would look that good?

Thats a good point I never thought of, my spoiler whould hide the 'lip' but I could extend it to round the top brake light, hmmm..... I'll have to go have a stare at my car lol

You dont have a built thread btw?

I'm just wondering what calipers & discs you have? As well as the alloys?

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Now has;

312mm x 25mm OEM VAG discs supplied by Dave at SERE on here.
4pot super lightweight 998 Boxter Calipers

Wheels are gloss black PR 1.2s

Smaller setup than my factory Cupra 345s (probably what you've seen in pics) but much much lighter and 4pot instead of 1big piston.

I dont doubt a glossy enough vinyl would look just as good

This is my roof polished...

5995224390_434e934e70_b.jpg

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
Now has;

312mm x 25mm OEM VAG discs supplied by Dave at SERE on here.
4pot super lightweight 998 Boxter Calipers

Wheels are gloss black PR 1.2s

Smaller setup than my factory Cupra 345s (probably what you've seen in pics) but much much lighter and 4pot instead of 1big piston.

I dont doubt a glossy enough vinyl would look just as good

This is my roof polished...

5995224390_434e934e70_b.jpg

Thanks mate. Mine is in desperate need of a detail, can't wait to get a free weekend to just lock myself away with the car and get it done. I'm assuming yours is just the standard seat red (not a respray) so fingers crossed I can get mine looking as good as yours :)

any tips for the detailing it? What works really good with the red etc?

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
Chemical guys 50/50 wax. I paid for the detail as I dont trust myself with a machine polisher

Machine polishing isn't too scary as long as your not cutting too much, but your detailer seems to know what he's doing so why bother. It's hard to find a decent detailer round here for anything resonable or even close

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Put the black wrap on top of your tailgate and then black spoiler would be alot better. And only thing i dont like about the picture is i have no washer cap so you havent ruined it.

kroni

Jul 21, 2014
Mine is pre FL too

Mike is your number plate a 3/4 one. I want the front of my tfsi FR to look like yours with the black mouth :)

basically I want my car to look like yours minus the black wing mirrors lol. I have an FR and am proud of that don't want to try and pass it off as a CUPRA lol could be embarrassing :)

Your car looks amazing!!!!!!!!

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Mike is your number plate a 3/4 one. I want the front of my tfsi FR to look like yours with the black mouth :)

basically I want my car to look like yours minus the black wing mirrors lol. I have an FR and am proud of that don't want to try and pass it off as a CUPRA lol could be embarrassing :)

Your car looks amazing!!!!!!!!

Thanks buddy.

Refreshing to see an Fr look like an Fr lol. Nothing to be ashamed of!

Ill measure my plate when I get the car back from the garage. My build thread is more upto date over on mk5golfgti.co.uk :)

kroni

Jul 21, 2014
Thanks buddy.

Refreshing to see an Fr look like an Fr lol. Nothing to be ashamed of!

Ill measure my plate when I get the car back from the garage. My build thread is more upto date over on mk5golfgti.co.uk :)

I would post a pic of mine, but its pretty standard at the moment, all I have done is mud flaps (seat) and debaged honeycomb grill to match the rest of the front grills :)

Last edited:

kroni

Jul 21, 2014
Oh and had a stainless steal exhaust put on with mo back box to make the neighbours happy :). And Sony double din stereo as I was not happy with standard one having gone from a face-lift model to non face-lift :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.