1p LED rear light VCDS coding help

gunnergibson

Dec 27, 2010
North West
I see, I was under the assumption it updated the module but if that's the case I have VAS with a genuine dongle and am willing to code your lights F.O.C gunnergibson if you're interested?

Absolutely.. I'll drop you a pm

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
MJ im just building an old XP laptop to SP3

;)

Good man. Drop us a pm and we can make postage/delivery arrangements.

I've got an external DVD/CD drive and HDD that I use to write the info so as long as it's got a USB drive it should be fine.

If you buy a decent VAS bluetooth dongle I'll sync that to it as well. If the laptop doesn't have bluetooth you can get adapters off the bay for £1.50 - I'd recommend the semicircle shaped ones.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh its one of my old Lenovo Thinkpad's used it for my tour of New Zeland lol just taken Ubuntu off it and put XP on it.

So what VAS head do i need?

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Yeh its one of my old Lenovo Thinkpad's used it for my tour of New Zeland lol just taken Ubuntu off it and put XP on it.

So what VAS head do i need?

eBay item: 321239040897

Comes with discs and lead but the software is often poor and the bluetooth adapter slow, the head I bought of him was good and UDS compatible, it was for another garage to use, they've had no problems with it.

This is a genuine unit: 221308664072 might be worth an offer, I paid £900 for mine.

And this dongle: 190895772735

gunnergibson

Dec 27, 2010
North West
Big thanks to MJ who coded the lights today.. All working perfectly.

MJ tried to code another member's pre facelift vehicle.. It sadly can't be coded to run led rears... Resistors only.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Big thanks to MJ who coded the lights today.. All working perfectly.

MJ tried to code another member's pre facelift vehicle.. It sadly can't be coded to run led rears... Resistors only.

A pleasure! Nice to meet you too pal.

Glad we got it sorted.

Number12

Dec 22, 2011
Portugal
A friend of mine just installed a set of used ones that he have bought and it was just plug and play, no codification needed, he have one 170cr from 02/2010.

I recently found that seat one are made by valeo. Valeo also sell's it much more cheaper than seat, valeo references are:

James p

Jan 1, 2016
pm sent bud ;)
Hi does anyone on here no wat I have to do to have these lights coded I have been everywhere an no mechanic can seem to do it via the VCDS can anyone help I'm in the Manchester area I have a pr facelift Leon an but AV a facelift boot lid the lights AV the same plug but only stay on for about 5 seconds I've spoke te a few people an they say can code via vas but others say I just need resistors

Last edited:

James p

Jan 1, 2016
Thanks for reply do you no which resistors I need also will they still need codeing by seat

Last edited:

James p

Jan 1, 2016
Okay thanks mate I'm not much good with electrics is there any chance you could give me a link to some resistors please.

James p

Jan 1, 2016
Do you no wat resistors I need tho 25w or 50w the lights wat are not working are the stop tail lights and the side light the brake lights work but the others won't stay on longer than 5 seconds

James p

Jan 1, 2016
Hi mate I used 25 w for the sidelights and 50 w for brake and indicator I order from eBay with some scotch locks was easy to do once I figured out wat wires to attach them to

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Hi mate I used 25 w for the sidelights and 50 w for brake and indicator I order from eBay with some scotch locks was easy to do once I figured out wat wires to attach them to

Thanks for the reply buddy. Would you mind posting a couple of pics of you get a spare 10minutes? Would add some value to the thread and be very useful to me.

Was you pre FL?

50w 6ohm have been suggested on a thread on retrofitting LED lamps to the Skoda Superb

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...e-facelift-led-rear-light-cluster-conversion/

Thanks again for the reply