New Exeo Tdi CR SE owner - Lanarkshire, Scotland

i99y

Feb 19, 2006
Hi all, just wanted to say hello as i have traded my much loved mk1 Fabia VRs (my second one) for a bigger Seat Exeo as my little girl has out grown the fabia.

Its a metallic black Exeo saloon with a standard trim for that model.

Im going to get tints done soon,
NEED THE BORING YELLOWISH LIGHTS CHANGED - advice needed,
Need to go on 18" wheels as i hate the 17s - recommendations please!!
Potential 30mm drop on springs all round,
Double DIN stereo upgrade - what are the best ones,
And a back box delete to give the car a subtle growl.

I would love to see other owners cars to get ideas if there are any on the site.

It is a massive change from the fabia VRs and im still getting used to it.

Advice, pics, tips, info etc all appreciated in advance and once again hello :D

And one little thing thats annoying me which i think needs attention straight away is the boot isnt popping open when pressing the button on the key, it is only unlocking - is this a common fault and an easy fix?

Ian :funk:

CoupeKing

Apr 20, 2014
Hi Ian. Welcome aboard the good ship Exeo. They are an absolutely fantastic car and I'm sure you'll enjoy years of motoring in yours.

Re. The boot opening; the button on the key fob is only intended to unlock the boot, it doesn't fully open it. Check this link out by a forum member McDonald for a simple mod to make it open http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3478966&postcount=37.
Johnny.

Last edited:

i99y

Feb 19, 2006
Hi Johnny

Yeah its a comfortable big car. Just need to work at it to have ut looking nice.

It was the only one i could find in the price range that was close to me.

I did like the estate/wagons but could not find any of those either.

I was away looking at new wheels today and im so torn between so many sets!

Ian

irvtheswerv

Dec 15, 2015
Feb 2011 I went from a remapped Fabia VRS (179 bhp, 334lb/ft) to a slightly non-standard Exeo S (leather Steering wheel, heated seats) 143 bhp.

Took about 2 weeks got it remapped to 181bhp/290lb/ft and it's much more responsive. Put 90,000 virtually trouble free miles on it.

Given the trouble I had changing springs and shocks on rear, I'd not bother dropping it but it's up to you.

i99y

Feb 19, 2006
I was only wanting to do - 30mm springs all round, would this give the same hassles?

Who did the remap for you and how much was it?

Ian

irvtheswerv

Dec 15, 2015
It was the springs that were the issue, shocks a doddle. I couldn't drop the arm low enough to get the spring in.

Remap was a generic stage 1 Revo job, done by David Cook Motors in Oldham. Think it was about £400.

Corvus Cornix

Jun 30, 2005
Norway
Hi Ian, fanfare here from Norway!
About lowering, go for Eibach E10-81-011-04-22, 35mm front, 30mm rear. (Think thats the nr for your car)
Taken from a Audi forum:
After you have removed the shock, dropped the sub frame and removed the camber adjustment screw you should be able to get the spring out. To do this, first, use jack to jack up the suspension (and compress the spring). Then use a spring compresser. After the spring is compressed, you want to have a friend step on the rear rotor/hub to lower the rear suspension and let you get the rear spring out. A pry bar may help
I promise, if you skip any of these steps you will be making your life more complicated than necessary!

i99y

Feb 19, 2006
Thanks guys - appreciated !

I trial fitted some 18" golf gti monzas the other night......still in two minds!
I was thinking 18" bbs lm reps???

Ian