What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jaruba

Jun 18, 2014
Finland
What's the 1+ map like and what supporting mods does it need other than the hpfp?

Stage 1+ needs only hpfp
Currently software is running in, 200km behind....
Other mods are Revo High Flow Intake and Milltek non-resonated catback :funk:

Check "Spoolin Shirley" channel in youtube

Friday the Leon went into SEAT for Timing belt kit, water pump and anti freeze, didnt have time to do it myself, least they gave a courtesy car

12923295_1218145231530975_650932733475207306_n_zpszars6nk1.jpg

Cleaned the back of my intake vavles today on my tfsi not doing that again.
Ive read people complain about how difficult taking the inlet manifold off is but i never believe when people say how difficult jobs are as well 9 times out of 10 there much easier than people say but removing the intake was a fight and cleaning the valves was even more of a pita but carbon off really did the job well cleaning up the valves.

Javirero

Jan 26, 2016
Colombia
I went with my Cupra through one of deadliest Colombian roads. Chicamocha Canyon, second biggest canyon in the world but is the world's deepest. This baby behaves naturally amazing in turns, +120kmh in really closed turns and the tires barely sounds.

The views in this roads are amazing. I would love to add some pictures but I don't have enough posts sorryyyy :(

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
I checked my cam cover bolts were tight yesterday after reading somewhere that a few people's had ben loose....

Well low and behold mine were loose aswell - some of them finger tight. I wonder if that explains the small oil leak I had down the back of the engine....... Time will tell

Worth a check for all you TFSI owners

I checked my cam cover bolts were tight yesterday after reading somewhere that a few people's had ben loose....

Well low and behold mine were loose aswell - some of them finger tight. I wonder if that explains the small oil leak I had down the back of the engine....... Time will tell

Worth a check for all you TFSI owners

Gives me something more to do on the car :)
Thanks for the heads up.

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Today I gave the FR a good interior clean and hoover and also gave the engine bay a good once over as it was a little neglected.

Hey mate, what did you use for cleaning out the FR engine bay? Looks nice and tidy now! :)

I'm looking to doing the engine bay a good tidy up, but never cleaned an engine bay before, not even my old 1.9 TDi :D

As for today, I've finally got the car jacked up and taken what was left of the sump guard off, went over a ford and it got sodden and tore off from the front, the back was held on but slowly shredding on the floor. Was held on by 2 plastic inserts (30T) one came off pretty easy, the other was solid so got threaded :mad:

Got it off either way though, long nosed pliers :funk:

--Lee

vantastic84

Sep 8, 2014
www.facebook.com
Today I gave the FR a good detail
Washed, dried, Clayed, polished and finally Waxed cleaned the windows and dressed the tyres too!
Broke the rear wiper arm clip whilst fitting a new wiper so fitted a delete kit from "kill all wipers" cleans the rear end up nicely
Also glossed blacked the stone chips in the grill surround glossed the badge and the tatty numberplate plinth

e85963b50ffb0bd633869856c949e53c.jpg

And the delete bung....

369649a0ff8accf532cd03697775d619.jpg

Interior to do tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Hey mate, what did you use for cleaning out the FR engine bay? Looks nice and tidy now! :)

I'm looking to doing the engine bay a good tidy up, but never cleaned an engine bay before, not even my old 1.9 TDi :D

As for today, I've finally got the car jacked up and taken what was left of the sump guard off, went over a ford and it got sodden and tore off from the front, the back was held on but slowly shredding on the floor. Was held on by 2 plastic inserts (30T) one came off pretty easy, the other was solid so got threaded :mad:

Got it off either way though, long nosed pliers :funk:

--Lee

I use Autoglym engine and machine cleaner and a small brush to loosen everything, then wipe with a microfibre. The brush helps get where your hands can't.

Today I gave the FR a good detail
Washed, dried, Clayed, polished and finally Waxed cleaned the windows and dressed the tyres too!
Broke the rear wiper arm clip whilst fitting a new wiper so fitted a delete kit from "kill all wipers" cleans the rear end up nicely
Also glossed blacked the stone chips in the grill surround glossed the badge and the tatty numberplate plinth

e85963b50ffb0bd633869856c949e53c.jpg

And the delete bung....

369649a0ff8accf532cd03697775d619.jpg

Interior to do tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Liking the wiper delete, looks very neat. Just dont know if I could live without the rear wiper.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Finally finished off my RCD510 stereo install last night with the correct fascia. All thanks to Dave at SERE!

A good clean is on the cards for today.

vantastic84

Sep 8, 2014
www.facebook.com
I use Autoglym engine and machine cleaner and a small brush to loosen everything, then wipe with a microfibre. The brush helps get where your hands can't.

Liking the wiper delete, looks very neat. Just dont know if I could live without the rear wiper.

Its one of them accidental things I didn't want to remove the "LEON" badge at first but the L came off so I removed it all same with the rear wiper!

I don't really use it tbh never had one on most of my cars!