First waranty service

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Already driven 29.000 km (each 30.000 or 2y), so first warranty service will be very soon, in next two weeks.
What will be changed? Just oil (with oil filter)?

How often do you clean aircon (official cleaning and checking aircon fluid level)? After this winter without aircon it smells a bit after startup.. Should I ask them to clean it as well?

How often do you change pollen filter?

1.4 TSI ACT petrol.....

Last edited:

pj106

Jan 10, 2015
Longridge
Already driven 29.000 km (each 30.000 or 2y), so first warranty service will be very soon, in next two weeks.

How often do you clean aircon (official cleaning and checking aircon fluid level)? After this winter without aircon it smells a bit after startup.. Should I ask them to clean it as well?

1.4 TSI ACT petrol.....

I have a 150 TDi on the long life service plan. My first service was end of last year. They charged £229 and all they changed was oil, oil filter and pollen filter. Took them about an hour.

SEAT didn't say anything about Aircon, but my last car was a Honda and they used to clean the aircon system every 2 yrs - was optional though...

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
I had my second year service yesterday and I didn't get what I expected to get.

I expected the spark plugs to be changed. They replaced one spark plug (ONE - WHY?) and did an oil, oil filter and pollen filter change.

For 200 notes and some change, I wasn't impressed.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013

1.4 TSI ACT petrol.....

You should really run the air con at least for a few minutes every couple of weeks over the winter, does it no good to leave it idle for long periods, the seals can dry out etc.
Just wondering why you don't use it during the winter, you do know it doesn't just cool the air, it also dries the air, makes the car de mist much faster over the winter

Last edited:

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
air con service is recommended every 2 years. variable displacement air con compressors such as that fitted to the mk3 leon run all the time to prevent the problems of the past occurring.
you'll find that until you reach the 4th service very little will actually be changed on a service.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
I changed air filter by myself. Installed K&N cotton filter just a week ago. Just for your info - as air filter is closed in the box, it is not so dirty as expected after 1.5y and 30.000km (kilometers!).

Pollen filter I am planning to change this week, but if it's on the 1st service list, I think I will leave it as is for the service. Will they install filter with carbon micro particles (Valeo Protect or Valeo Supreme)? Or do I expect too much from SEAT?

2dw911: Of course I did run sometimes AC during winter, but not too much. I have no problem with moisture, no moisture on windows at all.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.