Condensation rear light cluster

Monsoon

Dec 13, 2013
I know there have been loads of threads on this, but I noticed condensation today when washing the car on the offside rear light cluster. It seems a lot of people have had the clusters replaced under warranty, but page 110 of the manual says: "In cold or damp weather conditions, the headlights, tail lights and turn signals may mist up inside temporarily. This is normal and in no way effects the useful life of the vehicle lighting system".

I don't want a trip to the dealer if they're just going to quote that part of the manual at me. Does anyone know for sure if this is a problem recognised by Seat, with a bulletin release, and dealt with under warranty?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Temporarily thats the word, had both mine replaced as took days to clear never cleared in damp weather take your car back to dealers.

H-M3

Apr 4, 2016
rear clusters

sorry guys to jack this thread. Anyone shed some light on this service recall. I have just bought a 2008 ibiza and that too suffers condensation issues rear clusters. Dealers honouring this?
thanks

ActionScript

Mar 10, 2016
sorry guys to jack this thread. Anyone shed some light on this service recall. I have just bought a 2008 ibiza and that too suffers condensation issues rear clusters. Dealers honouring this?
thanks

I've not heard of any recall because of this and I doubt they ever would as it's not directly putting lives at risk as the lights will still work and be visible.

As you've got a 2008 car, I highly doubt they'd do anything for free for you on any such "service recall". However, you said you've just bought the car. If we're talking very recently purchased you might be able to take it back to them and complain that it's not good enough and they need to fix it. But it could still be a long short. The sooner you get in contact with them though after you purchased it, the better!

BigfatPaulie

Sep 18, 2013
Nottingham
Is your car 2008 ? cant see where you said that...
If so, I would remove the cluster.l..or at least the bulbs for as long as possible, and maybe blow a hairdryer through the bulb hole to dry it out, and see if the problem returns.
A slight misting maybe normal, but drops of water forming is not... water WILL corride the metal in there and end up with electrical faults.

If its a new car - the dealer will replace the cluster, had mine done last year.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members