1.4FR engine management light

Jordan_Phillips

Jun 8, 2015
I've had my car since May 2015, been absolutely spot on until now. The car is 2010 model so it has the older engine and it currently has 29k miles and I am aware of the usual problems of this engine.

The other evening I had just been on a very enthusiastic drive for about 40 miles (very fun btw lol) and when accelerating hard from some lights my engine management light flashed for about 5 seconds then stopped, that was the only warning light that came up.

I've tried looking around to see what a flashing engine management light means but I can't seem to find anything, I did see someone mention low oil pressure but I'm not sure. The car is completely stock for now but I'm wanting to start modifying in the next few months and I want to make sure the car is running perfectly before I start.

Thanks

Last edited:

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
It was more than likely a misfire, have you got updated spark plugs as misfiring on the 1.4tsi especially in the older models is quite common. If you haven't I'd recommend fitting a set of NGK iridium BKR7EIX, looking about £30 tops off ebay

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members