fog light change?

stadan

Jan 31, 2016
so i've got the bixenon package yet seat have got some awful halogen bulbs in the fogs so they look yellow....and I don't have vag com so can't turn the cornering fogs off [:@]

I want to change them and was thinking of getting the H8 phillip whitevision.

My only question is anyone know how easy it is to change the fogs? I've seen some threads when searching about having to remove the entire front bumper to change a bulb!? seems a lot of effort.

Is this definitely the case for facelift cupra's (13 plate) or is there an easier/quicker way to do this?

Thanks

Last edited:

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
Not sure about the facelift but with the older model people used to go in from behind through the wheel well by removing the arch lining. Maybe a possibility as appose to removing the whole bumper.

Last edited:

stadan

Jan 31, 2016
Not sure about the facelift but with the older model people used to go in from behind through the wheel well by removing the arch lining. Maybe a possibility as appose to removing the whole bumper.

damn. Was hoping there may be a different way cause I'd probably have to jack it up to do that. Isn't much space there between the wheel :|

andiChristianse

Aug 10, 2014
Denmark
Mine is a pre-fl and I only have to remove the plastic around both fog lights to get them out! The plastic around each fog lights is screwed in with one torx and the it's just pull it out the I have access to the two screws that hold the fog lights in place :)

Maybe you could try to see if it's the case with yours? Seems a bit harsh to pull the bumper off just to remove the fog lights

Ignore this.. Didn't see it was for ibiza :) sry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stadan

Jan 31, 2016
Mine is a pre-fl and I only have to remove the plastic around both fog lights to get them out! The plastic around each fog lights is screwed in with one torx and the it's just pull it out the I have access to the two screws that hold the fog lights in place :)

Maybe you could try to see if it's the case with yours? Seems a bit harsh to pull the bumper off just to remove the fog lights

Ignore this.. Didn't see it was for ibiza :) sry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi thanks for the reply. I can actually see there is a screw for the grills in the fogs and I guess they would pop out so this may be the case for the ibiza cupra too. Can anyone help/confirm? cba to take an entire bumper off just to change a fog bulb! Surely an easier way.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.