VW massaging emission figures

cbates1990

May 3, 2010
Considering they said that the recalls would be made on the first part of 2016! Why are they dragging their feet? I wonder if it's because the media have stopped publicly shaming VAG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
Had my cambelt changed today (not entirely without problems - but that's another thread) and was told that they have started rolling out the software update for commercial vehicles but we will have to wait ...

cbates1990

May 3, 2010
Received a letter today, seat apologising for the length of time it's taken them to give an update and that multiple releases of the software update will be issued during the remainder of 2016, they'll write direct again once the fix is ready for my car.

richdot

Mar 5, 2015
Received a letter today, seat apologising for the length of time it's taken them to give an update and that multiple releases of the software update will be issued during the remainder of 2016, they'll write direct again once the fix is ready for my car.

Yeah got the same letter twice :s to be honest I'm not even 100% I will even bother taking mine back

minicity

Dec 15, 2015
In for service today, there was a recall on the system now for the emissions update, but they aren't allowed to deliver it yet.

irvtheswerv

Dec 15, 2015
Article on Daily torygraph about how VAG are buying back over 500,000 emission cheating cars in USA, plus compenstation etc

No sign of this in the UK. They'll not give the residents of treasure island a bean if they can help it.

Can't post the URL don't have enough posts to do so.

Also news this week - the emissions software upgrades across Europe are delayed because the intended upgrade caused an increase in fuel consumption and can't be rolled out. They need some better developers.

Balddee2

Oct 10, 2009
Received a letter this morning from Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency saying the emissions fix is now ready and i can book my car in, has anyone else had one too? Havent seen anything in the press in the last week saying its all sorted.

Last edited:

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
No letter yet but I feel the same as pretty much everybody else - I'm not going to rush to get it done, especially as my nearest dealer is now a 60 mile round trip, I think I'll wait until my next service and get it done then.

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
Nothing from VW/SEAT here either, however there was a new story on the BBC about software defeating the EGR system when the ambient temperature is 18°C or lower and a number of car manufacturers (Suzuki, Renault and Mercedes so far) that are recalling for software updates. The report also mentions VW, so maybe they are having to rewrite the update again to also address this new issue.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise