Fog light adjustment

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Hi,

Did anyone here adjusted the fog litgths?

Mine is screwed all the way in and still the left is highter than the right :(

It won't go more down [:@]

I have to go to the inspection (you call it MOT in UK) and I'm afraid it will fail like this:

IMG_20160425_232626_1.jpg

IMG_20160425_220755.jpg

The car was 1m away, is it the left too high or the right too low?

Thank you!

Last edited:

BF95

Oct 15, 2013
Coventry
The rights supposed to be slightly lower so you don't blind oncoming traffic and the left is higher so you can see pedestrians clearer.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
The rights supposed to be slightly lower so you don't blind oncoming traffic and the left is higher so you can see pedestrians clearer.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Hi, thank you for your answer but I'm on a lfd country :cry:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hi, thank you for your answer but I'm on a lfd country :cry:

Hummm, exactly - it was a good attempt to help though!

So, can you slacken the mounting screws and place washers behind the high one, then lift it back up using the adjustment? (just a thought)

Edit:- in UK I'm not sure what is checked wrt the front frog lights - maybe nothing, or "do they light?" - though if they are required, I'd hope that brightness and aim was also important.

Last edited:

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Hummm, exactly - it was a good attempt to help though!

So, can you slacken the mounting screws and place washers behind the high one, then lift it back up using the adjustment? (just a thought)

Edit:- in UK I'm not sure what is checked wrt the front frog lights - maybe nothing, or "do they light?" - though if they are required, I'd hope that brightness and aim was also important.

It has no screws it's just rotating to fit them :(

Yes, here they check if they are aligned, they are very exigent, for example if a window doesn't work properly or you have a little oil leak it's enough not to pass.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
So, maybe that leaves the bulb(s) not fitted in correctly - I would have hoped that the bulbs could only get fitted in in the correct position.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
no, the light is well inserted, yes they only can be fitted in the correct position. I've noticed the foglights are differente, I will have to investigate it further and pass by a garage to be aligned

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
I have to replace the right fog light. It's broken, it won't come up... I need a new one, tried to remove the case around but there is no way to come out... Wondering if I can replace it removing the bumper or do I need to removing the plastic case is the only way?

Below what I need to replace:

thumb

By the way I sware I've never seen a car so unreliable as this one....

Last edited:

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Ordered a new fog, will try my luck replacing it removing the bumper and then removing the grill is easier.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Well after all this foglight wasn't original! it's from 2010 and DEPO!!! It was already replaced I suspect someone replaced the original it by this bad one during the oil change or something. Replaced with a HELLA wich is the OEM manufactor, it's wasn't cheap 74€

I could be there all day with a screw driver that it wouldn't pop out! Bought a set of trim tools and removed it in 5 minutes, it was so easy with the proper tools!!!

One less thing to worry about

Old foglight:

IMG_20160506_193048.jpg

New into place:

IMG_20160506_194212.jpg

Job done!

IMG_20160506_194338.jpg

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
The other side, the bulb doesn't look good.

Would you replace it?

IMG_20160426_133102_1.jpg

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Good to hear that you have solved that problem, a bit annoying to see that Depo parts are not good enough!

Replacing the bulb on the other side, maybe it depends on what you are trying to achieve, if you want to maximised the reliability of these lights then yes replace it now, but now that you know exactly how to get these fog lights out, maybe just leave it until it fails.

What I could not see was, if there was melting of the coiled filament as that is what usually starts happening with high output versions of these bulbs - then the filament blows.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Next work before inspection: replace power window motor :(

Here you can fail if things like power windows are not working :S

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
So started the new job, just removed this on both doors, one to replace the window motor and the other the door lock, already broke something lol, they did everything they could to make the job difficult :S Hopefully it won't make much difference after assembled.

So many things it has that could break removing, it's incredible :S

Removing the triangle on the door corner it's not easy too, it required brute force on both doors, and I was lucky I didn't broke anything.

I will hupefully end the job next saturday at least at one door, just wanted to know what this was, and SEAT surprised me again with such a bad design.

IMG_20160510_205207.jpg

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise