What clutch to go for

Murfy

Apr 29, 2016
Just back from a track day, the clutch is starting to slip. The cupras got a stage 1 map running 290bhp. Would you stick another seat clutch back in? Or go for something else? Do yous no a rough price?

Shar

Jan 26, 2015
Worcestershire
My clutch and flywheel needed replacing just before Christmas on my Cupra R, as my car was at SEAT for a service at the same time, they replaced them for me, cost was around £1250 - they did have an offer on the clutch at the time. Had this not have been at Christmas I'd have definitely replaced with uprated, I wish I had of done now as I am booking it in soon for a Stage2+ remap - although I have been told as long as I dont launch in 1st all the time my clutch and flywheel should be ok for a while after its done. I did get a price for a SACHS clutch and flywheel (may have been a different make for the flywheel but I cant remember) which I think was around £1900ish fitted.

Last edited:

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
All the same clutch. You can get a standard LUK clutch and DMF for around £350 + fitting. An upgraded setup (Helix organic and LUK DMF) is approx £750 + fitting from AKS tuning, or around £1000 fitted.

Standard clutch from carparts4less, uprated clutch from AKS Tuning

Last edited: