Poly v belt kit

Kilimanjaro

Aug 4, 2011
Hi Guys,
My car (ASZ engine) is now ten years old though it is on 45K miles. I am thinking I should change the 'alternator drive belt and all that goes with it (i.e. alternator pulley, belt tensioner and vibration damper) Is it too soon? It seems 'gates' do a kit for about £130, has anyone ever used the kit. Can the 'roller' on the tensioner be purchased separately. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
I would change the Cam belt, tensioner and vibration damper as well as the alternator belt due to it's age rather than the mileage. I have used "gates" belts on my last two Alhambra - they are a quality item. I would also change the water pump as well (to get to the pump you have to remove the belts so do it at the same time as cam belt).

Kilimanjaro

Aug 4, 2011
Many thanks. I am getting the cam belt changed for the second time due to age, otherwise the current one has done 13K but was last changed in 2011. Thanks for recommending 'gates', I have ordered all the bits (Gates K086DPK1195) for a late 2005 ASZ and will see if I can fit them myself.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise