Tyres

Boj27

Dec 15, 2015
London
Hey guys, 280 owner here. Just checked my tyres (shite from the garage, were on when I bought it, matador's?) anyway they're on 2mm finally on the fronts, original bridgestones on the back. Either gonna replace with Goodyear eagle F1 assy 3's for £130 each or Michelin PSS for £160 each. My question is, when do you guys replace tyres? Do you always do it when they're at 1.6 or do you do it earlier? Especially with a Cupra...I'm not so sure. Anyone had experience with the above 2 tyres? Thanks.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
If it's going to be wet, which is most weeks in the UK I'd change them by 2+, but that's just my opinion, if you can 100% no your only going to use it in the dry, run then lower if you like, they grip better when there is 0 tread in the hot and dry, but not recommended to try that unless your on a track :D

Just to add, tyres are cheap, your life, probably priceless

Last edited:

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
MPSS all the way i had them on my 400bhp focus RS. Running cup2's on my Cupra. Cups need warming up to get them to perform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I had Goodyear Eagle F1 assy 2's on my previous car and they were very good, at the time of buying they were top rated for noise, wet grip and fuel consumption for the size required.

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
Ive gone from Cup2's to PSS (after getting 2 nails i the cups... agh!). gotta say the PSS are an amazing tyre, in the wet they are fantastic and you have to be going pretty hard in the dry to have the cups beat them tbh.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Always changed tyres at about 2mm, as 1.6 is just not enough in wet conditions. Mich Pilot S Sports have lived up to all the reviews I read before ditching the front Bridgestones, and they don't need to be warmed up first like the originals, to stop wheel hop.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.