BeezaDave's Mk4 Ibiza - Fresh wheels and lows!

jammyax

Sep 25, 2015
Cheers im new to this app dont know how to start my own chat thing lol.. Just bought a seat ibiza fr 05 plate so want to get it looking sweet. Think will be starting with coilovers and tints get them out the way before the proper mods .. Also power steering is leaking or pump is goosed not sure yet.. To take it to garage tomorrow. That a hard job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Cheers im new to this app dont know how to start my own chat thing lol.. Just bought a seat ibiza fr 05 plate so want to get it looking sweet. Think will be starting with coilovers and tints get them out the way before the proper mods .. Also power steering is leaking or pump is goosed not sure yet.. To take it to garage tomorrow. That a hard job?

Nice motor, coliovers will have it looking great. TBH I wouldn't have a clue about the power steering haha. If you post about it in the mk4 section you might get a better answer :D

jammyax

Sep 25, 2015
Yeah alot of potential.. I dont know how to post myself the only thing i seem to be allowed to do is comment on peoples threads .. Went to garage today it needs a new steering rack.. Boo lol

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Yeah alot of potential.. I dont know how to post myself the only thing i seem to be allowed to do is comment on peoples threads .. Went to garage today it needs a new steering rack.. Boo lol

Hopefully it's not too expensive! If you go to the ibiza section, mk4 ibiza there should be a button on the top left saying new thread. You should be able to start a new topic there. I don't mind you posting in here at all but you would be much more likey to get a reply if it was posted in the mk4 section. Feel free to ask me any questions about posting if you have any :happy:

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
I'm sure not many people are following this thread but I like to keep it up to date anyway. So the second hand gearbox that I bought and fitted only 3 months ago along with a brand new sachs clutch cracked and leaked oil all over the clutch, ruining both of them. So I had to pay for another new clutch and refurbished gearbox this time after only 1600 miles. This has cost me in the region of €1500. And now I keep getting the low brake fluid alarm so I'm guessing I more than likely have a leak somewhere. I fell out of love with this car when the first gearbox went and now it just seems to be problem after problem.

Two mechanics told me that the damage to my gearbox was probably caused by the cupra wheels I put on as they are heavy and putting stress on the gearbox. Don't know if this is true or not but have needed to switch back to the original 14" steel wheels as I can't afford for another gearbox to go. So after 6 years of ownership, I only had the car looking the way I liked it for about 6 months. Sad times :cry:

So with the car not running right and it looking like crap, a replacement is needed. Would love a mk4 cupra but upon checking what it would cost to put Irish plates on one I quickly realised I would be leaving the world of SEAT. €1700 just for a switch of plates with the cost of the car (terrible exchange rate between euro and sterling) travel costs to buy the car, tax at €700, insurance at around €650 and NCT on top of that. I would be lucky to get a 10 year old cupra for €7000, making it a stupid purchase. After loving my 1.2 for over five years, I feel almost sick to look at it now. It's really let me down lately and I will be sad to leave the world of SEAT but I have to. Currently trying to save up money for a replacement but my car keeps requiring money to keep it running. Going to a car meet/cruise next week so hopefully get some pictures for the thread.

Last edited:

CraigyG93

I'm sure not many people are following this thread but I like to keep it up to date anyway. So the second hand gearbox that I bought and fitted only 3 months ago along with a brand new sachs clutch cracked and leaked oil all over the clutch, ruining both of them. So I had to pay for another new clutch and refurbished gearbox this time after only 1600 miles. This has cost me in the region of €1500. And now I keep getting the low brake fluid alarm so I'm guessing I more than likely have a leak somewhere. I fell out of love with this car when the first gearbox went and now it just seems to be problem after problem.

Two mechanics told me that the damage to my gearbox was probably caused by the cupra wheels I put on as they are heavy and putting stress on the gearbox. Don't know if this is true or not but have needed to switch back to the original 14" steel wheels as I can't afford for another gearbox to go. So after 6 years of ownership, I only had the car looking the way I liked it for about 6 months. Sad times :cry:

So with the car not running right and it looking like crap, a replacement is needed. Would love a mk4 cupra but upon checking what it would cost to put Irish plates on one I quickly realised I would be leaving the world of SEAT. €1700 just for a switch of plates with the cost of the car (terrible exchange rate between euro and sterling) travel costs to buy the car, tax at €700, insurance at around €650 and NCT on top of that. I would be lucky to get a 10 year old cupra for €7000, making it a stupid purchase. After loving my 1.2 for over five years, I feel almost sick to look at it now. It's really let me down lately and I will be sad to leave the world of SEAT but I have to. Currently trying to save up money for a replacement but my car keeps requiring money to keep it running. Going to a car meet/cruise next week so hopefully get some pictures for the thread.
Im sorry to hear that about your car. Have you got a new 1 yet. I started having problems with my car. Kept going into limp mode and engine management light kept going on and off.

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Hi Craig,

Haven't bought a replacement yet, still saving up but looking forward to moving on to bigger and better things. Ibiza is going a bit better now. Still not the same though so just getting it ready for sale.

What are you driving these days?

CraigyG93

Hi Craig,

Haven't bought a replacement yet, still saving up but looking forward to moving on to bigger and better things. Ibiza is going a bit better now. Still not the same though so just getting it ready for sale.

What are you driving these days?

You wont look back. What car do you think you will get next. Still driving the Scirocco. Had it 11 months now. Thing i like about it is that you can take it on long journeys and you can relax but if you want to push it round the country roads it flies round the corners. Does at least 10 more mpg than the ibiza as well which is another bonus and thats when im pushing it.

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
You wont look back. What car do you think you will get next. Still driving the Scirocco. Had it 11 months now. Thing i like about it is that you can take it on long journeys and you can relax but if you want to push it round the country roads it flies round the corners. Does at least 10 more mpg than the ibiza as well which is another bonus and thats when im pushing it.

Have a list of 9 potential cars but open to anything really. Glad to hear your car is going well! :)

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
So to update this, things are going better with the car. Not doing anything to it, just taking care of it. Recently got the leak fixed and the car has no issues at all. Just tipping around in it until I can afford to upgrade. Car will be put back to standard then and all mods will be sold.

NCT is booked for one weeks time so hopefully we get a pass on that :p

RyanBarber

May 5, 2016
Cumbria, UK
Hi Dave, really sorry to hear you have fallen out of love with your car, I'm just falling into love with my 1.2 MK4 in red now haha. Im looking for some cupra front and rear bumpers and also the colour coded mirror covers. If you do come round to selling your bumpers and mirror covers id really appreciate it if we could work out a deal for them?

Many thanks, Ryan. Btw your readers ride thread is what has inspired me to want to start making modifications to my car!

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Hi Dave, really sorry to hear you have fallen out of love with your car, I'm just falling into love with my 1.2 MK4 in red now haha. Im looking for some cupra front and rear bumpers and also the colour coded mirror covers. If you do come round to selling your bumpers and mirror covers id really appreciate it if we could work out a deal for them?

Many thanks, Ryan. Btw your readers ride thread is what has inspired me to want to start making modifications to my car!

Hi lad,

Cheers that's great to hear. I'm still saving up for the replacement. Whereabouts you from? Throw up a few pics of your car if you can!

RyanBarber

May 5, 2016
Cumbria, UK
I'm from Cumbria in the UK, I have a feeling this is going to be my 15th post so I'll put some pics up later! What are you thinking of getting as a replacement?

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
I'm from Cumbria in the UK, I have a feeling this is going to be my 15th post so I'll put some pics up later! What are you thinking of getting as a replacement?

Good man. To be honest, posting something like a bumper from Ireland to Cumbria would be a pain for both of us and I couldn't guarantee it wouldn't get damaged/broken. I'd love to sell them to you but I don't think it would work out. And nobody in Ireland wants them haha.

Wouldn't mind an altezza but it seems I actually can't get insured, even though I'm 25 with 6 years no claims (never had a claim) and no points. A lot of companies won't insure jap imports or a car that is more than 14 years old (making the MOT invalid in my opinion). So not sure what to get next, altezzas, imprezas, evos, silvias etc are all uninsurable it seems. But a dc5 isn't for some reason :D

RyanBarber

May 5, 2016
Cumbria, UK
Ah I didn't even see it said you were from limerick! Yeah that might not work out too well unfortunately.

I'm still on my first year of insurance, and got a black box and it's still so bloody expensive! Definitely agree with you wanting an Altezza though, I'd love one myself too haha.

I have a readers ride going too now, there's a few pics on there at the minute and there'll be some more going on at the weekend when I get my HID's installed.
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=434488

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Been a while but just to wrap things up here, I sold the ibiza last week. I honestly was sad to see it go and I will miss it but on to bigger and better things. The replacement is a lexus is200 sport which I've been driving for a few months and I love it so far. Slightly faster than the ibiza :lol: thanks to everyone who helped me along the way with the seat and hopefully it will stay on the road for many years to come with its new owner!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.