Loud banging from engine compartment under hard acceleration

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Yep. Imagine someone just dropped a microwave on the roof of your car. From the 5th floor.

Only the 5th? :D interesting that you get it with the dsg too. I thought it might be a manual thing. Its certainly improved since I changed the poxy Bridgestones. Previous 265R didn't suffer from it ( on Pirelli's then Goodyears) so think its suspension/chassis related.

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
I have wheel tramp on my FR too. It's more pronounced in the wet or on uneven surfaces under hard acceleration. Sounds and feels awful! Do you think it can cause damage to the car any way?

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
As someone that might buy a Cupra and enjoys being enthusiastic away from lights junctions etc, does this happen even under medium acceleration or only when you literally floor the throttle?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
As someone that might buy a Cupra and enjoys being enthusiastic away from lights junctions etc, does this happen even under medium acceleration or only when you literally floor the throttle?

If in the wet and tyres not warm, will happen if you give it full beans, not so bad on light throttle or in the dry. Mich Pilot S Sports solves it though.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members